Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AX201 errors 5002 and 5005

RoLee
Beginner

I've been getting these errors in Event Viewer with my AX201.

It started already months ago, but now it's more frequent, pretty much daily.

A few times it caused the wifi connection to drop as well.

I regularly also get warning "6062 - Lso was triggered", but usually only once or twice per day.

I already updated to the latest driver, which was supposed to fix these problems, but it didn't help.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Sage99
Novice

Does the same issue occurred when you're connecting to different wireless access point? If you're using a dual band wireless router, you can try to connect to the 2.4Ghz frequency and check if you'll encounter the issue. There's similar error - 5005, 5002 posted in the net. You can check it out the link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/ejanpk/solved_intel_wireless_ac_9560_5ghz_connection/

0 Kudos
Sage99
Novice

Intel releases driver version 22.140 that mentioned to have fixed the network connectivity loss (error 5002 and 5005), you can check the release notes posted in the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=AX201

0 Kudos
RoLee
Beginner

Thanks for the information, but 22.140 didn't fix it. I still got those errors almost immediately.

About the other points:

• I can't try using another network/AP/router, unfortunately.
  • I did try setting the connection to 2.4GHz and it didn't have any 5002/5005 errors for the duration of the test. But it still had those warnings ("Lso was triggered"). It's quite possible that those errors happen on 5GHz only.
  • I'm currently using 5GHz with the "20MHz only" setting in Device Manager. I'll let you know if it helps.

I should also have mentioned that I use "band steering" on the router, which means that the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks have the same SSID and the clients choose which band they want. Maybe this is related to the problem, I haven't tested it yet.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @RoLee

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Does using 5GHz with the "20MHz only" setting in Device Manager solve the behavior? And/or were you able to test without using "band steering"?

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RoLee
Beginner

Hi @AndrewG_Intel 

I stopped using "20MHz only"  very soon, because it was affecting the connection speed. So I can't say for sure if it helps or not.

I disabled "band steering" on the router and connected to a dedicated SSID for 5GHz. I haven't seen any 5002/5005 errors since. So it looks like this is related to the problem.

But I don't consider this a proper solution, just a workaround. It would be great if the errors didn't happen with "band steering" enabled.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

Thank you for your response and for the feedback.

We would like to inform you that the 6xxx events by the Intel WiFi driver are informational (even if Windows may indicate some of these as "Warning" level) and don't need to be worried about. There should be no functional impact caused by these events. This means that this is not an error event and should be ignored.

Specifically speaking about Event 6062 LSO was triggered, LSO stands for Large Send Offload. This event means there was a large packet that we split into small packages and offload them to the firmware. When this is logged in the event viewer, it just indicates above was carried out.

Having said that, we think we should focus on the behavior with Events 5002/5005 and the connection drop issues.

In order to understand better your environment and review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

2- We understand that the issue started some months ago. Do you remember if this issue started after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

3- Router and/or Access Point (AP) maker and model:

4- Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
RoLee
Beginner

1- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

It came pre-installed on my Z490 motherboard.

2- We understand that the issue started some months ago. Do you remember if this issue started after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

I performed some checks...

On 2022-01-26, Windows updates were installed and with it also Intel - SoftwareComponent (3 different version numbers).

But I was using the computer daily after that and the first 5002/5005 errors only happened on 2022-02-15. There weren't any updates or drivers installed between 01-26 and 02-15. I doubt that's related.

But one maybe important thing that happened exactly on 2022-02-15 is that my ISP disabled IPv6 for me, because it was related to some MTU issues with some websites. I don't know how exactly they did that and locally, to the router, I'm still connected with v6 (there's a Link-local IPv6 address).

3- Router and/or Access Point (AP) maker and model:

Innbox U92

4- Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

At home.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

Thank you for the details.

However, it seems were are missing the Intel® SSU report requested in our previous post (step # 5). Could you please check the steps and provide us with the report?

Note: Please keep in mind that you need to manually upload the report (txt.file) here in the thread and attach it to your response via post.

In addition, we would like to recommend a clean installation of drivers to try to discard possible issues related to driver installation.

The wireless and Bluetooth components have a strong relation in functionality, therefore, it is important to install the driver for both components.

Please download and save on the computer the following drivers:

Follow the steps in these articles for installation instructions:

• How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers
  • Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers                      
  • Note: During the process, after uninstalling the current drivers and before reinstalling the drivers, you may clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK. Reboot your computer and proceed to install the drivers.
  • We recommend installing the Bluetooth driver first, followed by the wireless driver.

If the behavior persists, please provide us with the following:

1- Intel® SSU report requested in our previous post:

2- Do you know if the behavior occurs using the customized drivers from the motherboard's website? Please provide details:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
RoLee
Beginner

I won't provide the entire system report (SSU), but if you need any specific information let me know.

The behavior occurs with the customized drivers from the motherboard's website as well.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

Thank you for your response.

Just to make sure, is it because of privacy concerns about posting the report in the thread the reason why you won't provide the entire Intel® SSU report? If that is the case, we can offer you the option to send us the report privately via email.

If you agree with this, we will proactively send you now an email to the email address associated with your profile so you can reply to the email with the report attached.

If it is due to other reasons and you still prefer to not send the entire report, please help us in the meantime to confirm the following details:

1. Manufacturer and full/specific model of the motherboard:
  2. BIOS version:
  3. Windows 10 edition (e.g.: Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise, etc.) and version/build numbers:
  4. If using Windows 10 Enterprise, is it a regular version or LTSC?
  5. Processor model:
  6. Are there any other Network adapters reported in the report? (for instance, Virtual Network Adapters, VPN adapters, etc.)

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
RoLee
Beginner

Here are the specs:

Manufacturer and full/specific model of the motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master

BIOS version: F7

Windows 10 edition (e.g.: Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise, etc.) and version/build numbers: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2

Processor model: Intel 10600K

Are there any other Network adapters reported in the report? (for instance, Virtual Network Adapters, VPN adapters, etc.): No.

I should add that the specs have been the same for almost a year with no errors.

The errors only started the day when IPv6 was disabled by my ISP. What do you think about this theory?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

Thank you for your response and for the details.

Based on the information, we understand the system is running a previous version of Windows* 10 (20H2).

In this case, we recommend updating Windows to the latest version 21H2 (build 19044), and installing any pending updates. Refer to Update Windows*.

This may help us to discard issues related to operating system (OS) versions, and after that, we may review further if this issue could be due to disabling IPv6.

Please let us know if the behavior is different or the same on the latest Windows* 10 version 21H2.

Note:

Based on the GIGABYTE* website, we noticed there are 4 newer BIOS versions available for your system, the latest one is F21. We recommend checking with the GIGABYTE Support team regarding the fixes and improvements in these new versions in case it may help with this behavior. They can also provide assistance with the update process.

We will be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
TonyStark
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RoLee

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos