Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7680 Discussions

AX210 Adapter - No 6Ghz SSID

Volvernon
Beginner

Greetings,

I have a new Dell Aurora system with the Intel Wi-Fi 6E AC210 adapter and an Asus GT-AXE16000 router with the 6 Ghz radio enabled.  This is a Windows 11 system (OS build 22621.1413) and the adapter driver is version 22.180.0.4.

The 6 Ghz SSID is not appearing in the available Wi-Fi networks.  The following troubleshooting has occurred: 

- Replaced the router with a new one.  The SSID did not appear on the PC.

- The PC failed after 4-5 days and was serviced by Dell.  They replaced the motherboard and the Wi-Fi adapter.  The SSID did not appear on the first PC and did not appear after the repair.

- I have tried downgrading to the earlier versions of the Intel driver with no success.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Volvernon,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is the Bluetooth working?   

2. Can you connect to the 6Hz network?

3. Were you able to see the 6Ghz SSID before?

4. Is the BIOS up to date?

5. Is the issue present with the Dell driver?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Volvernon
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

I have provided responses in the order you posted by number.

1.  Yes

2.  No

3.  No

4.  All recommended updates from Dell and Microsoft are installed.

5.  The driver for the adapter is the Intel driver downloaded from Intel's website.

I hope that helps clarify things for you.

Respectfully,

Richard

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Volvernon,

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your issue, I recommend you the following:

1. Perform a clean installation of the wireless driver:

2. Make sure that your router has the 6Hz band enabled in the settings.

3. Confirm with Dell that this model supports a 6Hz band.

4. Are other devices able to connect to the 6Hz band?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Volvernon
Beginner

Deivid,

I performed the steps you requested and verified that version 22.200.0.6 was installed as part of the clean installation.  The Wi-Fi scan of available networks is still omitting my 6 GHz SSID.  It finds the two 5 GHz and the one 2.4 GHz SSIDs.

This PC is the only WiFi 6E device that I own, so I have no other way to verify the 6 GHz network apart from taking the router to another location with a compatible device.

During my troubleshooting with Dell prior to the PC repair mentioned earlier, the Dell representative indicated that it should connect to the 6 GHz network.

For your reference, I have attached a copy of the wireless configuration page from the Asus router.

Respectfully,

Richard

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Volvernon, 

Thanks for your response. In order to investigate this issue, please provide the following:

Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Volvernon
Beginner

Deivid,

I ran the SSU and attached the resulting output for your review.  Please let me know what you find and how to proceed.

Respectfully,

Richard

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Volvernon, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Volvernon, 

Thanks for your patience. After checking your system, since the AP is compatible with the 6Hz band I recommend you to check with DELL to confirm if there are any hardware malfunctions.

Also, be aware that the use of the 6GHz band may be prohibited by regulations in your country or might not be enabled on your platform by the system manufacturer.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos