Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

AX210 causing crash of Windows

black498
Beginner

I'm using the AX210 wireless on my windows 10 computer. 

I'm noticing that my computer will crash when downloading big files with speed exceeds 300Mbps for a few seconds. 

black498_0-1679897916293.png

I tried to update to the latest driver for AX210 and installing the latest version of windows 11, the problem persists. 

The problem disappears when I removed the antenna of my WiFi card, presumably because the network speed cannot exceed 200Mbps without antenna. 

When the problem occurs, the network speed suddenly drops to 0 and computer stops responding and crashes. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello black498,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Is the Bluetooth working? 

3. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

4. Does the issue happens with all the bands (2.4, 5, 6 GHz)?

5. What is the brand and model name of your router/modem?

6. Did you try a clean install of the driver?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
black498
Beginner

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?

I installed this adapter. 

2. Is the Bluetooth working?

The Bluetooth is working properly.

3. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

It's a desktop computer. AX210 is connected to the PCIE of the mother board.

4. Does the issue happens with all the bands (2.4, 5, 6 GHz)?

Yes

5. What is the brand and model name of your router/modem?

Netgear AX5400

6. Did you try a clean install of the driver?

Yes

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello black498, 

Thanks for the information provided. In order to help you, I recommend you try the following:

1. Try the Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity:

2. Check with the motherboard manufacturer to confirm that the BIOS is updated.

3. Did you update the router/modem firmware?

4. Did you run all the optional Windows updates?

5. Try to get in contact with the motherboard manufacturer to confirm the card compatibility and install steps to confirm that there are no install issues.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello black498,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
black498
Beginner

The issue is not resolved. I tried the recommended settings, the computer still crashes.

Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA PLUS

CPU: AMD RYZEN 2600X

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sounds like something is corrupted. I suggest that you try a clean reinstall of the Wireless (and Bluetooth if you are using it) driver packages. Here is the process (follow it exactly):

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the desired Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable must be of type that will stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX210 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX100 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
black498
Beginner
Hello, I tried above steps. My computer still crashes.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello black498, 

Before we continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is the issue present with a direct connection (ethernet cable)?

2. Did you try to reinstall the operating system?

3. Did you update teh BIOS to version 7B90v1G?

4. Is the issue present with the drivers from MSI?

5. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
black498
Beginner

1. Is the issue present with a direct connection (ethernet cable)?

No

2. Did you try to reinstall the operating system?

Yes

3. Did you update teh BIOS to version 7B90v1G?

Yes

4. Is the issue present with the drivers from MSI?

I installed all most recent drivers from MSI.

5. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system. 

Scan result is attached.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello black498, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello black498, 

Thanks for your patience. In this case, since this is an integration (it did not come preinstalled by the manufacturer) and the troubleshooting steps are taken so far, I recommend you check this issue with the motherboard for further information and steps.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos