Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7738 Discussions

AX211 seems to be dropping connection.

LakesideLion
Beginner

We are experiencing a loss of connection with the intel AX211 on our Lenovo Yoga L13 Gen 3 laptops.   We have driver version 22.240.0.6.  When I look at the windows event logs I'll see an error that "802.1x indicated there is no authenticator" right after it starts the authentication process.   So I think that means the signal dropped right in the middle of authenticating.   As a result, it doesn't reconnect and we have to manually reconnect to get back on wifi.    Has anyone experienced this?   Were you able to remedy it.   It's pretty tough on teachers who teach from content that's online with random disconnects.   Thanks for any hints anyone has.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LakesideLion,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do. To have more information about this issue, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Is the Bluetooth working?   

3. What is the BIOS version installed?

4. How many units are affected by this issue?

5. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

6. Do you see any errors in the device manager?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LakesideLion, 

I am following up to check if you still having connection issues related to the wireless connection or if you have managed to fix this issue.

I will be waiting for your response.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LakesideLion,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
undefined999
Beginner

My laptop AX211 keeps disconnecting automatically. I found that Windows updated the driver to 22.240.0.6 on September 9th. I
downgraded the driver to 22.200.2.1 and solved the problem.

Temporarily add the registry to prevent Windows driver updates

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /f /v ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Turn on automatic driver updates

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /f /v ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate /t REG_DWORD /d 0

0 Kudos