Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7449 Discussions

AX211 with bluetooth headset: speaker but no microphone

xfOx
Beginner

Hello

I found the next problem - Gigabyte AORUS 5 SE4 with new Intel AX211 on Windows 11 (home / pro) Bluetooth Headphones with Mic not recognized as headset only as headphones

I tried with Sony WH-1000XM3, Sony MDR-ZX770BN, Sony SBH52, Sony SBH56

I tried different drivers from Intel site (version 22.160.0) and from notebook manufacturer ([22.160.0.3] [22.90.3.2]) but problem weren't fixed.

So on my PC (ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)) with Intel AX200 and the same Windows 11 (pro) no problem with these headphones - they all shown in Input and Output devices (as on screen)

ax200 and wh-1000xm3ax200 and wh-1000xm3

Similar problem was described in this thread (https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX201-with-bluetooth-headset-speaker-but-no-microphone/td-p/1251296) but no solution provided.

Looks like this is the Intel driver problem, why it's not fixed for such long time ?

0 Kudos
43 Replies
StevenG
Novice

Thanks Steven_Intel for your answer but, I've already listed a title for this problem on this forum and the only reply that I got was that the Killer AX1650i card is a proprietary Wi-Fi/BT card made for Acer, is that true? Thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello xfOx,

By any chance, could you please try the latest Bluetooth driver version 22.170.0.? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@Steven_Intel wrote:

Hello xfOx,

By any chance, could you please try the latest Bluetooth driver version 22.170.0.? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Hello @StevenG 

Nothing changed, the driver was updated to the latest from the Intel site, a laptop was powered off and then powered on (not rebooted via the Windows menu), plus I tried with Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro - but no none of the headsets showed mic

AX211 no micAX211 no mic

0 Kudos
StevenG
Novice

xfOx I'll try the 22.170.0 but from my experience so far, no new driver has worked and there have been at least 5 Win-11/10 Intel update to the BT part of the Killer AX1650i card and the only BT driver that works 100% and perfectly is the Acer oem listed driver version 22.40.0.2. Maybe the one that you suggested the 22.170.0 without the last .2 digit might work as this is what I've got that works with my BT JBL headphones.

Btw I've already listed a title for this problem on this forum and the Intel answer that I got was, that the Killer AX1650i card is a proprietary Wi-Fi/BT card made for Acer, is that true? As that is why the Intel new BT drivers doesn't work on the BT, but that sound strange as all the new Win-11 Intel Wi-Fi drivers work? 

This is DV in my Nitro AN515-56 Killer AX1650i card BT driver that works

Screenshot 2022-10-20 155311.jpg

This is the Wi-Fi for the same Killer AX1650i card with the latest Intel Wi-Fi Driver that works 100%

Screenshot 2022-10-20 155804.jpg

0 Kudos
StevenG
Novice

Just to add further on this problem Steven_Intel, I’ve got the same problem with a Killer AX1650i Fi-Fi/BT card in a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 that only works with the Acer provided driver Intel version 22.40.0.2 that both of my JBL LIVE650BTNC and the JBL E45BT models headphones do not work with any new Intel updated drivers and the last Intel Bluetooth driver version 22.170.0.2 and no matter what I’ve done any new Intel driver will not fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for trying the driver.

I am going to keep working on this. As soon as I have an update on this matter, I will let you know.

@StevenG I am sorry you are experiences issues with your wireless card. Please create a new post with all the details about your issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @xfOx

After reviewing this further, at this point the best is to check with your OEM as this doesn't seem to be a driver issue but a headphone configuration problem. Therefore, we recommend contacting GIGABYTE* Support for additional assistance.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@AndrewG_Intel wrote:

Hello @xfOx

After reviewing this further, at this point the best is to check with your OEM as this doesn't seem to be a driver issue but a headphone configuration problem. Therefore, we recommend contacting GIGABYTE* Support for additional assistance.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Why do you think it's Gigabyte OEM problem ? The device responsible for Bluetooth connection is Intel AX211, and in most cases, problems with connectivity are related to the xx1 series intel (AX201, AX211) with 2x0 no problem at all.

Please add details on what you mean by "headphone configuration problem" - how you decided that, details about your decision, etc.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@AndrewG_Intel wrote:

Hello @xfOx

Best regards,

Andrew G.

As I found today morning it's an Intel drivers problem, as today I tried the new intel wireless driver 22.180.0.2, and this fixed problem with the mic

Anyone who sees this bug in previous versions of the driver can try it, I'm happy

AX211_MIC_2.pngax211_MIC.png

0 Kudos
Rofler
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

i've the same issue with a brandnew thinkpad X1 G5 with Intel Wireless BT (USB\VID_8087&PID_0033&REV_0000).

Sony WH-1000XM3 and Jabra Evolve 65 are only installed as Headphones but the Headset Function is lossed (no Input Device).

If using an Asus USB Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle, everthing works like it should...

System: Intel Wireless Bluetooth Device, Driver 22.150.0.6 and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (21H2; 19044.2251)

I've tested the intel driver up to 22.180.0 without luck ...

I've think there is a bug in the driverframework ... Some help would be very appreciated!

0 Kudos
KristofP
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I have exactly the same issue with ThinkPad L14 Gen3 you have described.

For Sony WH-1000XM3 and Jabra Evolve 65 are only installed as Headphones but the mic is not recognised. 

Did you manage to solve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
zoombee
Beginner

I also have the same issue, and I've tried with multiple devices and none has the option to use the "Headset mode", the microphone doesn't appear on the sound control panel.

I have the latest driver, 22.200.0.2.

Has anyone been able to solve this?

0 Kudos
julienb
Beginner

Same issue here with the latest 22.200 drivers on thinkpad L14 gen 3 and AX201 card

two bluetooth headsets that don't have the mic as input...

no issue on a smartphone or a thinkpad yoga L390

What the hell is that wireless card?

0 Kudos
_buffalobill_
Beginner
Problem:
I had a similar issue this morning with Windows 10 on my work laptop. My Poly (formerly Plantronics) Backbeats Pro 2 headset no longer had a microphone input detected. This was true via Bluetooth or USB connection.
Following troubleshooting, found that the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver was updated yesterday to version 22.200.0.2. I found this thread, but finding no solutions, I tested and found one here.
Solution:
I opened Device Manager, expanded the Bluetooth section, right clicked on Intel Wireless Bluetooth and chose Uninstall. This prompted after a moment or two that a reboot was needed to finish. I clicked to reboot. Upon reboot, the Bluetooth driver (same version) was reinstalled, but my microphone was detected and working again.
0 Kudos
danilo1984
Beginner

Same issue here...

driver: Intel 22.200.0.2

notebook: Dell Precision 3570

headset: xiaomi readmi Buds 4 Pro

0 Kudos
danilo1984
Beginner

I updated the driver to version 22.240.0 and after reboot it works. If I hibernate the pc or turn it off and on again...the microphone no longer works (the headphones work). I see the microphone in the settings but it doesn't work.

when do you solve???

0 Kudos
Falkenau24
Beginner

Exactly the same issue here:

Lenovo T14 G4 with a soldered AX211.

I tested more than 10 different drivers. Clean uninstall and reboot included.

Very disappointing that this issue is not addressed for years.

0 Kudos
julienb
Beginner
Look at Lenovo support for bios upgrade, my l14 gen3 had a bios upgrade for this issue and non more drivers jungling at reboot to get bt mic working.
0 Kudos
Falkenau24
Beginner

Thanks, I have a Lenovo T14 Gen4 "21HDCTO1WW" with the new BIOS "N3QET32W 1.32". Because this is the latest BIOS i couldn't make an update. So I tested the old BIOS "N3QET16W 1.04"-> same result. And went back to the latest BIOS 1.32 with no change.

But my colleague got today his new Lenovo T14 Gen4 21HE and it works out of the box. Same chipset, same AX211, same driver "22.240.0.2".

So, I did a factory reset of the BIOS, no change.

Windows 10 or 11, doesn't make a difference on my device.

0 Kudos
mvalpreda
Beginner

I have the same issue with a Dell Latitude 7440 with soldered AX211 - Bluetooth headset microphone will work fine after it is paired, and after a reboot. Go to sleep or hibernate, and the microphone is gone. Either have to re-pair or reboot. Both are annoying an inconvenient. This is on Windows 11 and fully patched from Microsoft and Dell and Intel.

Intel driver: 22.250.0.2
Firmware: 3718a3fe0a01001c17

The same headsets worked on a Dell Latitude 7420 with AX201/AX211 in Windows 11 with sleep/hibernate.

Convinced it is an Intel driver issue with the AX211 - just like everyone else on this thread!

0 Kudos
Falkenau24
Beginner

Well, I believe I could figure out my issue with the AX211.

I've send my T14 Gen4 back to Lenovo, and they did a repair, so they basically exchanged the mainboard. It came back with an English Windows 10 and my headset could pair even with the microphone.

I saved all drivers with DriverBackup and made a clean installation of Windows 11: -->>>> SAME ISSUE!!!! Pairing of any headset, but only without the microphone!

So I installed Windows 10 with the original driver I saved. SAME ISSUE!!!

Then I went through the BIOS and started to deactivated one device after the other. It took many restarts, with no results. So I turned all devices back on and made a reset of the BIOS to default settings.

Then I saw something unexpected: The laptop did in total four restarts and on the third one it showed ""Self-Healing BIOS backup progressing ... " Then Windows started and the microphone of the headset was immediately there.

So my theory on that matter is, that the AX211 has a driver issue. The driver is writing some kind of bit or flag into the chip and if you decide to reinstall Windows you can't use the AX211 full potential. It has to be reseted by the BIOS. (Or maybe disconnect the battery, but I didn't tested this option.)

0 Kudos