Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

About Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

Arkadiy
Beginner

Hi everyone, I have a desktop made by Lenovo, which has the "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)"  (USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A\5&3219255B&0&10) module pre-installed - this is how it is defined in the task Manager. I can't find any information about this module - what features it has, whether it supports the AptX codec?, and what Bluetooth standard it implements? Give a link to the documentation for this module with a description of its features

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
Arkadiy
Beginner

Here is report file about my system 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Arkadiy, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I can see that you are using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. This wireless card includes a Bluetooth version 4.2.  

For more information, check the product specification site at: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/89450/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-3165.html 

More details can be found in the Product Brief: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-3165-brief.html 

Just so you know, the Apt-X codec is provided and natively supported in Windows 10 by Microsoft*. For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 it requires the Intel addition profiles included as part of the installation package. For window 7 it is not supported. According to Microsoft*, for now, Windows 10 OS just supports Bluetooth codec aptX classic, other enhanced codecs such as aptX HD, aptX LL, LDAC are not supported. For details, please check Windows* 10 OS Bluetooth info at the following link. Under "Bluetooth features list by edition", check “Bluetooth audio enhancements – aptX® audio codec”.  

Please let me know if you have questions regarding any specific feature of this wireless card.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Arkadiy,  

Were you able to check the previous post with the information provided? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Arkadiy,  

We have not heard back from you. I would like to know if you have any additional questions or if you need further assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos
Arkadiy
Beginner

Sorry friends, I was on the long weekend

About question - thank you for sending a link to the documentation, I was able to pre-convince myself of the possibility of connecting headphones that I planned to purchase.

I successfully connected the Marshall Monitor Bluetooth headphones, although the sound quality was not high - the sound was "flat".

Therefore, I purchased an additional Orico Bluetooth USB adapter and installed an AptX driver For Windows7 (CRS driver v4) on it - with it, the sound became much better and more voluminous.

0 Kudos
rc1346
Beginner
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Arkadiy,   

Thank you for the update. 

I am glad to hear that the information was useful to you, in that case; we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have any additional question, please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos