Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

About windows 10 crash problem with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

JChen217
Beginner

my windows 10 has a crash problem with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165:

The description for Event ID 5010 from source Netwtw04 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP1

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table.

Help me please.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello joshuachen,

We understand your system is crashing and reports an error from the Wireless adapter driver. The main recommendation for this is to perform a clean installation of the driver and software using these steps:

1. Download the latest driver from your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support, as second option, you can use the generic version for https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26465/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=89450 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.20.3]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.

6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.

If the issue persists after this, please let us know the following information:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

- Was this wireless adapter built from factory with your PC? or was it a custom upgrade?

- Did it work fine before?

- Were there any changes made to the system around the time the issue started?

It is worth to mention that we've had reports of 3rd party apps causing this behavior (Network monitoring software, video streaming apps, antivirus), so you might want to check your installed programs.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
GRoss14
Beginner

This problem is STILL occurring in 2020! I had problems and opened a case with Intel in April, did re-install all AC 3165 drivers as well as my Lenovo Desktop PC BIOS and ran many diagnostic reports which were sent to Intel along with copies of various system event logs.

To slow down the PC delayed shutdown and BSOD "hangs" on re-boots, I had to roll back the AC 3165 drivers to Vers 21.60.0.5 (11/11/2019) for the Wireless and Vers. 21.60.0.4 (11/26/2019) for the Bluetooth. I also disconnect the WLAN/Internet before shutting down my PC.

However, even with the above work-around "solution", the "hang" shutdown and BSOD on next reboot still occurs! It happened again this week! 

Very frustrating!!!

Glenn

Kelkheim, Germany

0 Kudos