Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Adapter not found

SGoya
Beginner

My computer is lenovo thinkcentre edge 7558K4Q. I had windows 7 preinstalled on the computer. I upgraded to windows 10 and my intel my wifi technology vanished. I then came back to windows 7. After that intel my wifi technogy was again installed and it displays no supported intel wireless adapter was found. Before upgrading to windows10 intel wifi technology worked fine. I used intel wifi technology to use my computer as hotspot. Please help me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

sahilgoyal1998,

Intel® My WiFi Technology (MWT) is not supported on Windows*10.

What wireless adapter do you have installed in this computer?

0 Kudos
SGoya
Beginner

I don't know which adapter is installed. But when I open Device Manager--->Network Adapters, it is written

1)Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 ( Before updating this driver Intel Wifi Link BGN 1000 was written)

2)Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter

3)Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Sahilgoyal1998,

Unfortunately, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 is not supported on Windows*10.

Please consult with your computer manufacturer for further assistance. This link can help you find locate your computer manufacturer support page: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support Web Sites

0 Kudos
SGoya
Beginner

I said I came back to windows 7. I am no longer using windows 10. I t roll backed Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 and now it is Intel wifi link 1000 bgn.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

sahilgoyal1998,

Its is just a matter of how Windows*7 and Windows*10 sees the wireless adapter. Either way, this adapter is not compatible with Windows*10. Please consult with your computer manufacturer for further information.

0 Kudos