Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Antenna connection when replacing 8260NGW with AX210NGW

tanhy
Beginner

Can I please clarify the antenna connection when replacing 8260NGW with AX210NGW.

Ref. attached photo,

- My original installation has 8260NGW with label 2-White and 1-Black. A white cable is connected to 2 and a black cable is connected to 1.

- With AX210NGW, I noticed it has label 2-Main-Black and 1-Aux-White.

- Should the connection to AX210NGW be that as depicted in "Option 1" or "Option 2"?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello tanhy,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Since you are integrating a different wireless card, we recommend you speak to the manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with your country's regulatory requirements. Your system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide. You can also consult for the compatibility information, as well as proper instalation steps. For more information, you can visit the following article:

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tanhy
Beginner

Thank you the advice. It is noted.

In the meanwhile can Intel please clarify the antenna connector functionality for 8260NGW and AX210NGW?

My understanding from another thread in this forum is that for 8260NGW, antenna connection 1 is for WiFi while antenna connection 2 is for WiFi + BT. Please confirm.

And appreciate this info for AX210NGW too.

Thank you.

0 Kudos