Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Antenna connector cable for AX210NGW

sl121
Beginner

I have bought an AX210NGW and need to know what kind of antenna cable is needed ?

Can anyone recommend me an SMA cable that fits on the module.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @sl121 

Here you have:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Hope this helps

Leon

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

sl121, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, I will do further research on this matter in order to try to provide the information you are looking for. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @sl121 

Here you have:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Hope this helps

Leon

Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello sl121, I just received an update on this matter.

In reference to this case, it is important to mention that Intel does not support antenna integrations, in this case, the manufacturer of the board/laptop will have to provide the right antennas as this depends on regulations. 

For further details on this topic, please verify the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027956/wireless.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
UD_
Beginner

Hi,

Can I use AX210NGW with a single antenna cable? Do I need to connect the single antenna cable to the Main or AUX terminal?

Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to consult with the laptop manufacturer regarding wireless compatibility and integration.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
KernelPosix
Beginner

Well, let's be real with one another.  HP (my PC manufacturer) is not going to help me with my out of warranty PC.  Even if it was under warranty, no support number in the world is going to be able to give me an answer to this question. 

It would be nice if you (or anyone) could explain the basic setup of the card's antenna inputs.

I just placed the card in my PC and I now have wifi6.  I connected the SINGLE antenna cable that my PC has to the MAIN port.  I increased the bandwidth by 45% out to the internet and back.  I am really happy.

However, I cannot connect to any Bluetooth device unless it is right next to the PC.  Obviously, this is a range issue.  

I know every manufacturer is different and that Intel doesn't really support end users changing these cards around; they are really meant for system integrators.  However, if someone could just tell me exactly how the MAIN and AUX ports function, maybe I could help myself.

So, would it be possible for someone to just explain MAIN and AUX so I can figure out if I need to buy an antenna or if there is a way for a one antenna PC to utilize wifi/bt as intended?

Thanks.

KP

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @KernelPosix 

You should open a thread of yours instead to asking question in someone else thread. The functionally of Main and Aux antennas is described in this article. You need connect both antennas to achieve optimal WiFi performance. The Aux terminal serves Bluetooth and WiFi

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Adding another antenna to your laptop is fairly easy. You should be able to find a location for it in the chassis. Here's two possibilities for the hardware that you need: 

Both get you two antennas, but you only need one (spare in case of 'accident').

Hope this helps,

...S