Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7461 Discussions

Archer TXE72E Suddenly not detected by Win 11, Driver install throwing error, Bluetooth still works

heybeter
Beginner

Hi everyone. A couple of days ago my internet started acting funky. I didn't realize until today that it was because I was using the crappy on-board wireless card. I thought it would be as simple as re-enabling my fabulous Archer TXE72E which had been working so well up to this point. Turns out it's not showing up in Device Manager at all, tried network reset. I can't even install the 22.180.0 WiFi drivers because I get this error, run as admin, in safe mode.

heybeter_0-1684549371110.png

The funny thing is that Bluetooth still works. I bought the Archer because it was a 2-in-1 and my motherboard didn't come with Bluetooth capabilities. So I know all is well and good with the PCIe connection. 

What can I do to fix this? Can I perform some dark arts in the registry to allow me to clean install the driver? I somehow don't think replacing it will help unless somehow only the part of the hardware pertaining to WiFi failed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Archer is not an Intel product.   Go to the Archer support site.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Archer is not an Intel product.   Go to the Archer support site.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
heybeter
Beginner

... nuts

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, what Al is saying is true, but that's not the whole story. The product is essentially a PCIe x1 card that utilizes Intel's AX210 silicon and thus runs with Intel's Wireless and Bluetooth drivers. For all intents and purposes, issues occurring with this card are essentially the same as issues occurring with AX210 cards mounted on PCIe x1 card carriers.

So, let's look at this issue more closely. Address the possibilities in the order I talk about them (my diagnosis in each part is presuming this).

First of all, is the card mounted in a PCIe x1 slot? This is a requirement. There are known issues with the use of these types of cards (and card carriers in general) mounted in PCIe x4, x8 and x16 slots. Note that, because the Bluetooth portion is accessed via USB, it can work even in cases where the Wireless portion cannot.

If you wish to use this card in a system that had an older wireless solution, you need to look at doing one of two things. First of all, if this older wireless solution is a card mounted in a motherboard PCIe Half Mini or M.2 TypeA/TypeE connector, I would recommend removing it completely. If this is not possible, then I would look for a configuration parameter in BIOS Setup that disables this wireless solution during POST. If no such parameter is available, then I would disable the Wireless card in Windows Device Manager.

Ok, next, drivers. First of all, if the card does not appear in Device Manager, I would recommend completely uninstalling the Intel drivers that you have installed already. Once uninstalled completely, the card should show up as an unknown device in Device Manager. If this is not occurring, then there may be a hardware issue with it - and then your only recourse is contacting tp link regarding this failure.

Once you have the card appearing properly, I would first install the original versions of the Intel drivers that are provided on the tp link web site (aside: I recommend installing Bluetooth driver before Wireless driver). Once this is done, you should test that it is working properly. Only once it is working properly should you consider trying newer versions of the Intel drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @heybeter.   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,    

Jocelyn M.    

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos