Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Are there any issues with Bluetooth and audio devices?

SDeve6
Beginner

I have recently purchased an MSI GF75 Thin 9SC laptop from a store. This lapyop comes with the Intel Wireless-AC 9560. Connecting to my WiFi is no problem, connecting to a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse isn't a problem either.

My issue seems to be that when I try to connect a bluetooth headphone or bluetooth ear buds the audio cuts in and out and the after a few minutes it disconnects from the device. Also the system also adds an extra HID device in the device manager.

The Headphones are Sennheiser HD4.40BT and the earbuds are Bluehive which are bluetooth 5.0.

I know it is not the headphones and the earbuds because I tried to connect them to an Iogear bluetooth dongle and they have no issues. I also tried them on my iPad Air 2 and they also had no issues.

Any help would be appreciated. I am also sending you the specs of the laptop.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello SDeve6, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Can you provide a screenshot of the Device Manager? If possible where the extra HID is shown. 

3. Is this the first time that you are facing problems between your laptop and the Bluetooth headphone/earbuds? Or did they use to work before? 

4. If it worked before, did you make any hardware or software changes before the issue started? 

5. Have you tried to change the wireless band form your router settings like 2.4GHz to 5.0GHz? (There could be some interference) 

6. What is the full model of the Bluehive earbuds?

7. Besides your Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, have you tried connecting another Bluetooth Device? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
SDeve6
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

I took the laptop back to the store I purchased it from yesterday and they said that they were going to run a diagnostic on it.

They contacted me this morning to let me know that the diagnostic came back with no issues, but the technician noticed the same thing I did that when he setup bluetooth headphones everytime he moved his head even just a little the audio cut out and kept doing it until the device just lost the connection. He stated that there might be an issue with the antenna cable and that he had never seen this happen before from MSI laptops (I have yet to still hear back from MSI on this issue myself).

The store told me that they were going have to send it back to the depot for service and so he gave me the option of doing a return and refund. I asked if one of the other stores had one in stock that was not a display or return that they could ship to me instead but they didn't so I went with the refund. now I have to find something similar to replace it.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Scott

0 Kudos