Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7617 Discussions

Ax201 cannot connect to samsung Tv

Vincent123
Beginner

Hi, 

recently 10 of my thinkpad e14 suddenly failed to connect to the samsung TV.

My laptop uses AX201 wireless card. I found out that the microsoft wi-fi direct virtual adaptor cannot connect to the TV. However, after a PC reset, it can connect again. I found the driver version were the same before and after the PC reset. Can any expert offer their advices?

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Vincent123.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

The fact that a PC reset temporarily resolves the issue suggests that it might not be hardware-related but could be due to software or configuration settings.

Before we proceed, please note that this is an OEM device, we will try to assist you with general troubleshooting steps even if it’s something not traditionally covered in our support. However, if the issue still persists, you will have to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

Have you tried to update the Wireless driver of your Lenovo ThinkPad e14? Ensure that all drivers, especially the wireless card and video card drivers, are up-to-date.

Sometimes, the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter can cause issues. Try disabling and re-enabling it in the Device Manager. If it shows a yellow exclamation mark, uninstall the device and restart your laptop to let Windows reinstall it.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Vincent123,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Vincent123, 

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos