Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Ax210 continuously rebooting my PC

Denis_Ferreira
Beginner

Greetings.

My problem is my PC keeps rebooting constinuosly when I connect my wi-fi. For starters, this is my machine:
- Gigabyte B450M K rev. 01;
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600G;

- 16Gb DDR4 RAM (2 8Gb sticks);

- 1Tb M.2 Kingchuxing SSD;

- AMD RX 6700XT;

- Fenvi AXE3000 wireless 6/bluetooth card (it's an Intel Ax210) - installed yesterday.
I installed the wireless card yesterday and, at first it wasn't recognized by the system. After clearing CMOS and reconfiguring BIOS, the system recognized the card. I installed the latest drivers for this card from Intel website. Bluetooth works just fine. Wi-fi, although I can connect, after the connection is established, 1 minute to 1 minute and 10 seconds later the windows reboots completely. I've already tried the following solutions:

1. Install native drivers from the card;

2. Remove the card, uninstall drivers, reboot the system, install Intel drivers (BT first; Wi-fi second), reboot again;

3. Keep wi-fi card disabled and use a wi-fi stick (only solution partially useful, since the stick keeps disconnecting).

Now, I'm downloading Fenvi drivers, hoping they can solve, but I'm not sure. What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, the Fenvi drivers are only an older version of the Intel drivers. Still, you can try them and then upgrade later (if this doesn't happen automatically).

A possibility: For many of these Card Carrier-type boards, it is a *must* that the card be installed into a x1 slot. Many will not work if installed into a x2, x4, x8 or x16 slot.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Denis_Ferreira
Beginner

Mr Pearson,

thanks fopr your response. Just to explain some parts I didn't write:

1. The B450M K motherboard only has 2 PCIe slots, a 16x (my GPU is using) and a 1x, where my card is installed.

2. Yes, I know Fenvi drivers are older, and they couldn't be installed since I already tried Intel's newer one.

So, I have the card installed on the right PCIe slot and the latest driver. However, if I try to turn on the wi-fi card (and only the wi-fi; bluetooth is working), between 1:00 and 1:20 minutes, the system freezes and windows reboots. No changes so far.

Another thing I missed writing: I'm using a PCIe 1x extender, since B450M K is a micro ATX and the GPU is above it. I don't know if this could be the issue.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Only way to know is to test without the extender...
...S
0 Kudos