Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Ax210 not showing in device manager

Motoxxxgamer
Novice
Hello, I'm new on here, just fitted a new ax210 wireless/Bluetooth Pcie card to my Asus motherboard, downloaded drivers and got Bluetooth working ok, but I can't get the WiFi to show up in device manager?? Pulling my hair out! And there not much of it
Does this card definitely support WiFi internet etc?? I used intel driver & support assistant but it says nothing about WiFi ?? Only lists "intel wireless Bluetooth"
I've done all the stuff that Google and tube told me but still nothing
Any help would be much appreciated..
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Motoxxxgamer
Novice

finally managed to figure this out, when I was building this PC I fitted an NVMe card, to do this I had to switch this function on in the ASUS Z97-pro gamer mother board bios, I didn't realise that when I did this it disabled both PCIEX1 slots.. I have moved WIFI and blue tooth card to PCIEX16 slot and its now showing up in device manager and working as it should.. big mistake on my part, but you live and learn..

thanks for your help with this and maybe this info will help someone in the future.

cheers

Tom.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Motoxxxgamer, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the complete model of the motherboard?

Did you build the computer?

Were you able to ever establish a wireless connection before on this specific machine with this specific wireless card?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Just to confirm, the wireless card was purchased separately and you just connect it to the board, correct?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Motoxxxgamer
Novice

hello, apologies foe late reply, mother board is an asus Z97-pro gamer, which I have just built for my son as a budget gaming PC. 

this motherboard does not have wifi or blue tooth, I installed a clean version of windows 10 pro and updated it before I fitted a Fenvi 3000 (AX210) bluetooth and wifi card to the Pcie slot. I then downloaded and installed the drivers from intel website for the AX210.

this PC is in a home environment.

i have carried out the scan and attached it to this message, but i only see the blue tooth driver??

thanks again for your help

best regard

Tom

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, you need to make sure that the Fenvi card is installed in a PCIe x1 connector; it cannot be used in x4, x8 or x16 connectors.

Second, you need to install the Chipset Device Software package for your motherboard.

Finally, you will need to install both the Intel Bluetooth (overtop of the Microsoft Bluetooth) and Intel Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are links to the pertinent packages:

Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351

Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649

Hope this helps,

...S

Motoxxxgamer
Novice

hi thanks for the reply, card is installed in the Pcie x1 connector, I have already downloaded both drivers that you kindly listed but i only see the Bluetooth? 

I updated the bios on this mother board before i installed a new clean install of windows 10 pro.

would I still need to install the chipset update?? and how do i go about this? this is the first PC build I am doing with my son so I'm no expert I'm afraid Lol..

Tom

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try a different PCIe x1 connector.

You should be getting the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package from the download page for your motherboard. I would hope that, for a board this old, the 22H2 build of Windows 10 Pro would have this covered, but you never know. You did use the Windows 10 22H2 installation image, right?

...S

Motoxxxgamer
Novice

when I checked in device manager there is intel chipset for the Z97 motherboard LPC controller -8CC4, I check for driver update but it says it is the latest version. I take it this is what you were talking about?

I down loaded windows 10 from official Microsoft site and used product key from my old desktop, everything work fine just cant get the WIFI to work, it doesn't show up in device manager under network adaptors even if I click on show hidden devices?

I attached pictures of what I see in device manager in the first post I added at top of page, I've googled this and it looks like its a common fault but I've tried all the utube stuff I could find but still no joy, 

I did get a disc with the WIFI card but PC doesn't have a disc drive so I downloaded the drivers from intel as I thought that would be a safer option.

Tom.

0 Kudos
Motoxxxgamer
Novice

finally managed to figure this out, when I was building this PC I fitted an NVMe card, to do this I had to switch this function on in the ASUS Z97-pro gamer mother board bios, I didn't realise that when I did this it disabled both PCIEX1 slots.. I have moved WIFI and blue tooth card to PCIEX16 slot and its now showing up in device manager and working as it should.. big mistake on my part, but you live and learn..

thanks for your help with this and maybe this info will help someone in the future.

cheers

Tom.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Motoxxxgamer, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Perfect, it is great to know that the problem with the Intel® Wireless Card not showing in Device Manager got fixed after changing the BIOS settings in the board.

Thank you as well for sharing the solution on this thread. We are sure it will be very helpful and useful for all the peers looking at this conversation.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician