Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL netwbw02.sys

idata
Employee

I have a Acer Aspire E15 E5571 laptop and since I updated to Windows 10 months ago, I've been experiencing occasion BSOD due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Netwbw02.sys problem. Tried Googling about it and followed some suggestions still didn't get it solved. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstall the latest driver. Can anyone help me on it? The network card installed on my laptop is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160. Now I have Intel PROSet/Wireless Software 19.10.0 installed and the driver version for network card is 18.33.3.2.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kenc4497,

As we understand, your system is having sporadic BSOD's since you updated to Windows® 10. The first recommendation we would like to try is a clean installation of the driver, this is in order to discard any issues with previous installations, or driver conflicts.

Please perform the following:

1. Download the generic driver version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26240/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=75442 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.10.0]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.

6. To delete hidden folders, go to the location %User%\AppData\Roaming\. Delete the Intel folder.

7. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.

If the issue persists, let us know the following information:

- Was this the adapter that came installed from factory in your PC?

- Is there a specific task being done when this happens? (running an application, going to sleep/hibernate, resuming the system, shutdown, etc.)

- Has this happened since you installed the OS, or did it start time after the upgrade?

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Im sorry but Im kinda stuck in step 4 because it keeps showing up after I repeating the step for bout 30mins.. is that normal?

the driver date has bern showing 22/2/2015 and version is 17.15.0.5

it is the original adapter installed on the laptop

it doesn't happe when performing specific task

sometimes it happened when im away from my laptop

it happened sometimes since i installed windows 10 early this year

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kenc4497,

It seems you are already using the In box driver from Windows®, this cannot be deleted so it would be OK to continue the process and reinstall the latest driver you downloaded.

Let us know if the issue persists after these actions.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The BSOD comes again..

Is it possible that my network card is faulty?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

It is not possible for us to determine if the adapter is faulty, you might want to contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support to check on this, as they would be the correct source to confirm it.

Since the issue persists after installing the driver, you can try some other actions thay may help:

- Go to Device Manager, Network adapters, select the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160, then go to the "Power Management" Tab, toggle Off/On the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Check if this helps.

- Disable Fast Startup (Hybrid Boot) in Windows® 10.

- Uninstall any Network Monitoring Software or similar apps that may be interfering with the normal operation of the adapter.

- Try disabling Antivirus or VPN software and check if the issue reappears.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kenc4497,

We have not received any response to our last recommendations. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I uninstalled avast antivirus and the problem is yet to reappear for a few days

i think it is the cause

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

It is good to know that the problem has not reappeared. Once you confirm that the BSOD's have stopped after disabling the Antivirus, you might want to check with the software provider so they can look into it as well.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos