Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

BSOD on resuming from hibernate

AGros3
Novice

I have been noticing crashes every week or two on resuming my computer from hibernation. The blue screen said it was ndis.sys but I ran it through windbg and found that the faulty driver is actually Intel's netwbw02.sys (bugcheck "!analyze -v" in windbg attached to this post). I did notice that I'm on 17.0.5.0 and the newest version is 17.1.0, so I will upgrade. However, I wanted to send it over in case it is an existing issue that isn't fixed in the new version.

I have a dump and driver files that I would like to send to someone at Intel, if you can contact me. I worked directly with someone a few months ago in troubleshooting a different issue but they seem to be no longer at the company. I don't want to post a link publicly in case the dump callstacks contain anything sensitive.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please make sure you completely uninstall the driver from Programs and Features and Device Manager before reinstalling or updating it.

If the issue persists, may I ask: How long ago this issue started to happen? Or has it always been there?

0 Kudos
AGros3
Novice

joe_intel, it has happened off and on for the last 3 months. For example, it just happened again today. When I was running into another problem with the driver, I disabled the device in Device Manager which caused wlanext.exe to crash (this seems to crash a fair amount for me). Then when I want to eanble the device in Device Manager, it caused a BSOD.

I don't understand why you don't want the dump file. As a software developer, it is always extremely useful to get a dump file.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may share the dumpfile and I will delete it from the post as soon as possible.

I would like to know the wireless adapter model and operating system.

Please make sure the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked in the Power Management tab of the wireless adapter properties (Device Manager).

Did you try resetting the TCP/IP stack? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

0 Kudos