Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

BSOD with netwtw06.sys

YHong10
Beginner

I have a laptop with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 driver.

One day, suddenly BSOD with netwtw06.sys error occurred.

After then, every time I restart the laptop, it gives BSOD (right after log-in) and restarts.

The only way I can use my laptop is to use 'command prompt' of windows recovery option.

I downloaded Intel Wireless-AC driver using other PC and copied it using USB. When I try to run the 'exe file' with CMD, it says "OS is not supported"

If I type "netsh interface show interface", it shows nothing.

How can I fix this problem? :(

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What OS are you running? Windows 10? If so, what version? Go to start, settings, system, about, and go to the bottom of the page to get that information.

Are you using the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer? If not, you should.

What is the model and manufacturer of your laptop? Have you tried contacting them for support?

Doc

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello YHong10,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

I'd like to know if you were able to fix the issue by following the steps provided by Al.Hill? If not, please provide us with the information requested previously to further assist you.

Regards,

Oscar A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
YHong10
Beginner

Hi, My OS was Windows 10 Professional. I was not able to go to start menu since my laptop restarted right after the windows log-in. BSOD always said that 'netwtw06.sys error'.

My wireless Lan card was not Wireless-AC 8265 but 9560. My driver was the latest and downloaded here (intel).

It was all okay but one day wireless connection was not working at all. I went to Device Manager and tried to remove the wireless driver. I was fool. I wanted to remove it and re-install it. After I clicked the uninstall button, it showed kind of waiting or loading window. And it lasts a few hours. I knew I should never have turned it down. But I couldn't wait any longer. I powered off my laptop with tears. After then, it gave BSOD.

Now, I re-installed my OS and I was not able to recover my data which had not been backuped.

I'm using the wireless driver 21.10.1.2 (04-24-2019) and I am not planning to upgrade to the latest since I'm afraid that the BSOD occurs again.

My laptop is LG Gram 2019 (17ZD990-VX50K)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello JWell11,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

I’m glad you were able to get rid of the error message by reinstalling the operating system. The issue could’ve been because you were running an old version of Windows*10 that might not be compatible with our latest generic driver.

What is the Windows*10 version that you’re currently running?

I can also see that there are some BSODs that have been fixed on this latest driver.

Version: 21.10.1 (Latest):

Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28794/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99445

We also recommend you to use the drivers provided by the System Manufacturer since they have tested and validated them to properly work on your laptop.

Here’s their drivers download link, in case you need it.

Link: https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-15Z980-A.AAS8U1#manuals

*NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Hope this helps!

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello JWell11,

I'd like to know if you were able to fix the issue by following the steps provided.

Regards,

Oscar A. 

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello JWell11,

Please contact us back if you have any questions.

Regards,

Oscar A. 

0 Kudos