Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7568 Discussions

Bluetooth Driver Installation failed

jp2code
Novice

I have an Intel NUC mini PC that has been needed a Wireless Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 for over a year.

Every time I try to install the update, the software launches the Intel driver assistant. I have tried removing the software, rebooting, and installing the new driver, I have tried repairing the software. Neither seems to install the update.

When I look at my install history, I can see where it failed several times in the past.

How do I install this update?

0 Kudos
28 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @jp2code 

I don't have right now better advice. I've checked out all the procedure on my NUC6i5SYH and it worked as expected. The main difference between my NUC and yours is that you have installed 4 Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters and I have none. So, if you want, you may try to uninstall those adapters together with the BT driver and try again. But I really don't know if this is the reason for the failure in installation.

Leon

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Jp2code,

Thank you so much for the response.

Please let me know the result when you have already cleared out the temporary internet files. If the issue still persists, I will raise our case with our engineers so they can further investigate it.

I will wait for your update. I can feel how important this case is to you upon reading your responses.

We will try all we can to isolate this issue and provide you with the appropriate answers.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Jp2code,

Have you already tried to clear out the temporary internet files? If yes, may we know the result? 

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
jp2code
Novice

Clearing out Temporary Internet Files seems to have made the difference.

My latest System Support Utility scan is attached.

I did uninstall the Hyper V network adapters, but they returned on their own after a very slow reboot.

The Intel Driver & Support Assistant website still shows that I have an update available for this PC, and that installer does not work. 

Should I stop using it?

IntelDriverSupportAssistant.20240427.jpg

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Jp2code,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

There are cases when Intel DSA continually shows a notification that there is an available driver update, even after completing the update process.

This could be due to a clash with Windows Update and will occur even if the driver is manually updated from the Download Centre or via Intel IDSA.

Please follow the instructions in this article on how to stop the update notification from Intel® DSA. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Jp2code,

We would like to know if you still need our assistance. If yes, please let us know, as we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
jp2code
Novice

No, I'm good. You can close this ticket to keep the spammers out.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Jp2code,

Thank you so much for the response.

We understand; we will now be closing the case today, and we hope that we have helped you somehow. If in the future you might need our assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos