Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

Bluetooth driver 23.30.0 and 23.40.0 installer bug

MichelN86
New Contributor I

Hi all,

The last 2 bluetooth updates are causing issues with my notebook (MSI Crosshair 15 B12UGSZ). The installer is the issue, the driver is fine. When i installed the bluetooth driver 23.30.0 back in february it removed my entire intel arc driver. Now today i installed the newest driver 23.40.0 and this time it deleted  alot of my drivers.

1. Realtek Audio - 6.0.9648.1

2. Nahimic Audio - 4.11.1.0

3. Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 Mhz - 23.40.0.

4. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller - 1168.16.1123.2023

5. Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loade Host Interface - 1.44.2023.710

6. Intel(R) Management Engine Interface #1 - 2406.5.5.0

7. Intel® Smart Sound Technology Detection Verification - 01.00.3255.00

When the setup is running from the bluetooth driver i saw a message during setup it was doing something with the intel smartsound driver (Intel® Smart Sound Technology Detection Verification).

Can this bug be fixed in a newer release because getting stuff back installed is a pain, because windows update is kicking in and downloads older driver versions so i have to reinstall everything manually again which is time consuming.

Please investigate this issue!

Driver 22.40.0: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/820328/BT-23.40.0-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe

I had no issues with older driver updates in the past from intel, it all started with the last 2 updates.

Best Regards,
Michel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichelN86
New Contributor I

*removed*

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I
So…intel does not care it seems. Last time i have reported a issue here. This is the second time intel does not respond at all.
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MichelN86,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you already tried? so we can avoid repeating them.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I

I reported a issue with your installers, it took a week before a mod even replied.

Here is my SSU file, it won't help you much because the error lies in the installer and not my system.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  MichelN86,

Thank you so much for the response and for providing us with the details that we requested.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

By the way, we are sorry for the late responses.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MichelN86,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We wanted to inform you that the system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the driver, software, or hardware packaging.

We recommend that you consider OEM drivers or MSI drivers.

If you have an OEM driver or a manual-install generic driver issue, please try updating the latest driver using Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Capture video and share it if BT installation issues occur again in the future.

Furthermore, based on our research and some MSI forums, it looks like the BT installation issue occurred only with your laptop. Other MSI users reply that it works fine or that using IDSA is no problem. 

Given that MSI technical support should be contacted for further support, will it be okay to close our case?

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I

Strange answer but expected. Intel and other manufactures always points to the oems and when you post the problem there they point you back to the  manufacture.

I use the intel drivers from your site since last year and since msi does not provide updated drivers (https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Crosshair-15-B12UGSZ/support?sub_product=Crosshair-15-B12UGSZ#driver). I even clean installed (added 2 new nvme drives)  the whole system. Every bluetooth driver from intel worked fine during installation except the last 2. If you say you did good research you failed, i posted this issue on the msi forum on my own topic and 1 user reported he had no issues with the install, please point me to the topic where more users say it is working fine for them ??? please do.

What did the ssu log say to you ?

I am not going to record anything, even if i post it here i probably get the same answer. Pointless it seems.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MichelN86,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Upon checking your OEM website, the only available drivers are the BT driver version 22.90.3.2 and wi-fi version 22.90.1.1, which are dated July 13, 2012.

We can only suggest that once you have installed the next driver revision, please capture screenshots and videos of the BT/wi-fi driver version and hardware ID from Device Manager, including all impacted drivers as listed in the forum, e.g., Arc, Windows Update, Realtek Audio, Nahimic Audio, Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface, Intel(R) Management Engine Interface #1, and Intel® Smart Sound Technology Detection Verification, Intel Smart Sound driver, etc., and then please share them with us if the issue occurs again.

[1] Intel Driver & Support Assistance: Capture all the driver versions before and after the update.

[2] Manual install: capture all the driver versions before and after the update.

By the way, when you reach us again, we recommend that you submit a web ticket, chat, or call. This will allow us to provide more personalized assistance, potentially including remote access, so we can access your system for a more thorough resolution.

If you have any questions, please let us know, and if not, please let us know if we can proceed with closing the case.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MichelN86,

Kindly inform us if you have any questions, and if not, let us know whether we can proceed with closing the case.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos