Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Bluetooth driver gone

LasseK
Beginner

I have been using a bluetooth headset for online school so I can run around the apartment doing work and stuff.
Though today my bluetooth driver is just gone.
I have been scouring the internet for answers and found the driver support assistant. This program did tell me I needed an update for my Wi-Fi 6 AX200 460MHz device, although updating it didn't change a thing.

I think I had a Windows update yesterday although I am not sure.

Whatever information you need please let me know and I will find it for you

Lasse K

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LasseK,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you please provide the following log and information so we can move forward with your support request.

-DXDIAG

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

-Is this problem happening on a new computer?

-Are you having issues only with Bluetooth or with WIFI as well?

- Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

- Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

-Is your computer a laptop or a desktop system?

-Would you mind providing me a picture or a video of the way the adapter is connected to your motherboard in case your computer is a desktop system? 

-Can you please provide the exact brand and model of the headset you are currently using?

-If you check your device manager do you see a yellow exclamation sign beside the Bluetooth icon?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
LasseK
Beginner

I will answer the questions in order

The computer is about a year and a half old and I have build it myself. There has been a couple problems with the compatibility of the different hardware. Although those problems have been "fixed".

It is a stationary pc so use an ethernet cable. I checked though and when I pop out the cable it immediately connects to the wi-fi.

It is the original adapter that is within the motherboard.

I have installed WordMat are having some issues with that as well, otherwise no new anything.

Desktop.

Well there really isn't any adapters. In the past I just kind of connected, no issues. It's the Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA with the M4 socket if that helps.

It's the Sony WH-1000X M3 headset although it's just the whole bluetooth driver that are missing and the headset connects without issue to my other devices.

No driver so no symbol.

If you need anything else don't hesitate to contact me.

Lasse K

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LasseK,

In order to try to fix the issue please try to complete a clean installation of the latest Bluetooth driver from your motherboard manufacturer website, and if the issue persists please try the latest generic version we have available for your system and let us know how everything went through.

Instructions:

• Open the Control Panel.
  • Click Programs and Features. The uninstall or change a program screen displays.
  • Right-click Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, click Change, then click Remove and follow the instructions.
  • Download the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software.
  • Double-click on the software file to begin the installation.
  • When the installation wizard starts, it walks you through the following steps:
  • On the Welcome page, click Next. This page might appear twice. If it does, click Next again.
  • Read the license agreement, accept it, and click Next.
  • On the Destination Folder page, you can choose a new destination or use the default. The default installation is “C:\Program Files\Intel\Bluetooth.”
  • Click Install to start the installation process. The installation progress displays.
  • When the installation process is complete, click Finish.

Latest Gigabyte driver:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

Note: To find the right driver follow this path: Support> WLAN+BT> Intel Bluetooth Driver (Note) Win10 ver.2004 supported version: [2‎1.80.0.3].

Latest generic driver:

.exe

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30121/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10

Note: If there is no Bluetooth whatsoever in your uninstall or change a program screen just proceed with the installation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
LasseK
Beginner

Nothing mate. I tried them both and did a restart, but I still have nothing

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LasseK,

In this case, based on the behavior the adapter is having in your system and the results from the troubleshooting completed; we believe that the best option for you right now will be to directly check with your motherboard’s manufacturer support to see if they can either offer you an inspection of the board to see if the adapter’s integration has some sort of physical issue preventing the software to allow the Bluetooth to work or to see if they can offer you a replacement for your board.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LasseK,

We will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos