Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Bluetooth driver update - not recognised/not being installed

Orcadian
Beginner
Description:
Installs Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version 22.120.0. Driver version varies depending on the wireless adapter installed.
Version:
Release date:
March 17, 2022
Size:
48.77 MB

The above update is trying to be installed by the Intel Driver and Support Assistant today 19.3.22 the problem is the support assistant is/has installed the update? but yet after I go through the install procedure the support assistant when checking for the latest updates, comes back informing me that the exact same update is available. I have tried the normal install - clicking Typical Install and I have tried the Repair option - neither of which has made any difference. 
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel

Thanks for your response.

Regarding your question, it is possible to uninstall all drivers and then try to install one driver, which is called a clean installation of the driver. It may or may not solve your issue; however, in case you would like to follow the installation process visit the following links:

How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087250/wireless.html)

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11* (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html)

I also would like to request the Intel® DSA logs. It will help us have a better idea of the strange behavior of the program.

The Intel® DSA files can be found at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (there will be 3 folders, have them zip and send all 3 (Data, Downloads, Logs).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, I am sure that they are looking at this (this isn't the only discussion of it going on).

For now, simply hide the update in IDSA. that will remove the alert and stop it from prompting you to install the update.

...S

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Orcadian

If I may interrupt here. Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Was there any major hardware or software update that you tried?
  • Is there any error message during the installation?
  • What is the driver version as per the Device manager?
  • Have you tried to run a Manual update?

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Orcadian
Beginner
Good Evening Jean O.

Was there any major hardware or software update that you tried?
NO this was simply the Intel software update program telling me as it has done perfectly on numerous occasions that there was an update available and I simply went through the install process as normal not expecting any issues.

Is there any error message during the installation? NONE

What is the driver version as per the Device manager? The driver which is installed is the same as the driver which the Intel Software update program is wanting to install and which does not install - I am guessing because it the same as is already installed the device manager will not install it?

Have you tried to run a Manual update?
If you mean have I used the device manager to check? No I didn't think of that but I will check. What I did do was try the repair option which appears once the file is downloaded and ready for installation.
I have never had a problem before with the Intel Software update program, it has always been very good and was spot on with updates which always worked perfectly.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Orcadian

Thanks for the information provided.

To have more insight into your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Intel SSU report:

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 

• Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 

To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

• Intel® DSA logs:

The IDSA files can be found at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (there will be 3 folders, have them zip and send all 3 (Data, Downloads, Logs).

I´m looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Orcadian
Beginner

Please find attached the logs as requested.

I have also checked today using the Device Manager to see if there are any updates available for the Bluetooth driver in question and there is not - yet the Intel Driver and Support assistant is still thinking the driver needs to be updated? would it be possible/advisable to completely uninstall all drivers and then reinstall fresh? 

0 Kudos
Orcadian
Beginner

Please find attached the correct detailed file as requested - once I spotted where it was asking for the detailed report. 

Thank you once again for your help and assistance.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Regarding your question, it is possible to uninstall all drivers and then try to install one driver, which is called a clean installation of the driver. It may or may not solve your issue; however, in case you would like to follow the installation process visit the following links:

How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087250/wireless.html)

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11* (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html)

I also would like to request the Intel® DSA logs. It will help us have a better idea of the strange behavior of the program.

The Intel® DSA files can be found at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (there will be 3 folders, have them zip and send all 3 (Data, Downloads, Logs).

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Orcadian
Beginner
Good Afternoon Jean,

Is/ was the dx_info txt file which I attached not what you need?
I ran the program and selected all because I thought it best- apologies if that was wrong.
0 Kudos
Orcadian
Beginner
Good Afternoon Jean,

The uninstall and reinstall has fixed the issue - thank you for your help.

If the file I sent for you to investigate was not the correct one, let me know and I will get back with the correct file.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @Orcadian

I am glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the issue is now solved, we will close it.

Regarding the reports, the one attached was the Intel SSU report, it helped us; however, I also asked for the Intel® DSA logs, due to the issue being solved now, there is no need for you to attach it.

If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as the thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos