Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Bluetooth incompatibility

happiness
Beginner

I have a Lenovo C930 and a pair of Anker Soundbuds Slim+. The headphones worked fine with the out-of-the-box drivers on the laptop (version: 20.60.0.4, date: 4/5/2018). Any updates I tried since I got the laptop resulted in incompatibility with the headphones (they can no longer connect nor be re-paired) . I had to download the original driver from the Lenovo support site each time a tried doing an update in the bluetooth driver. 

Any one having the same problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello happiness

Thank you for the report.

Let’s perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth driver. Please download the driver from here: Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

1.    Go to Device Manager.

2.    Expand the Network Adapters category.

3.    Right-click your Intel Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.

4.    Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5.    Repeat steps 1 through 4 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

6.    Restart your computer.

Note: Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver that came preinstalled on your system. These types of drivers can't be uninstalled (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after performing the uninstall process.

Then, locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file and select the option to Run as administrator. 

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @happiness

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please answer the following:

·      Is the Wi-Fi working properly?

·      Are you having the same issue with other Bluetooth devices?

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
happiness
Beginner

Hello @Jose_Intel , thank you for answering.

·      Is the Wi-Fi working properly?

- Yes

·      Are you having the same issue with other Bluetooth devices?

- Not that I remember. I suspect compatibility issue to be honest.

I will generate the report once I can access my laptop again.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello happiness

Thank you for your response.

I will be waiting for the report.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello happiness

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to generate the report?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
happiness
Beginner

Sorry for the delay. I got my hands on it in the weekend.

Here's the report.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello happiness

Thank you for the report.

Let’s perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth driver. Please download the driver from here: Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

1.    Go to Device Manager.

2.    Expand the Network Adapters category.

3.    Right-click your Intel Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.

4.    Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5.    Repeat steps 1 through 4 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

6.    Restart your computer.

Note: Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver that came preinstalled on your system. These types of drivers can't be uninstalled (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after performing the uninstall process.

Then, locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file and select the option to Run as administrator. 

Best regards,

Jose B.

Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello happiness

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to perform the clean installation?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
happiness
Beginner

Hi Joel.

I did the clean install. I now have no problem connecting the earphones. Thank you for assisting. I hope I don't run in any more problems.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello happiness

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos