Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel(R) Wifi 6 AX201 stops working and requires network resets all the time

hanuz06
Beginner

Hi,

I saw previous posts about the same issue but found no solution. Could you help me resolve the same problem? I did everything the previous posts mentioned. I attached Intel scan result for your review. Looking forward to your response. 

Regards,

Andrey

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hanuz06  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective on this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your laptop or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. What are the steps that you followed on those posts? Please be specific. 
  3. Was it working fine before? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
hanuz06
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for your quick response. Following answers for your questions:

1) Yes I think Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 is preinstalled. I bought it online.

2) I tried to reinstall the driver for Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201. I also tried to reinstall with the driver I downloaded from MSI website. I followed some instructions from this site too. They are instructions to clean caches and reset network settings.

3) It worked 1 week ago. I started having problems with wifi and Bluetooth one day in the morning I took my laptop to the office, and there it couldn't start wifi. I suppose both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functionalities are on the same card.

Today I went to MSI service center in Seoul. At first, they thought it was a hardware issue, but then they somehow managed to reinstall and it looked like it worked. They just said if the driver stops working again I need to reinstall Windows. After coming home it stopped working again. It works like this: After reinstalling it shows like it works but in a second or two it shows that yellow triangle with errors 10/43. I reset Windows 11 with personal files saving but still the same problem. Tomorrow I am going to completely reinstall Windows 11. If the problem persists then I think it's highly likely a Wi-Fi card issue. 

I attached a short video of how it behaves:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGsNsN2c89V1G0vQCG9niiy9wUBYU068/view?usp=drive_link

I would appreciate if you have any advise.

Best,

Andrey

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Hallo:

There are several things to try.

1.) Boot into Bios and make sure Wifi is turned on, next set Bios to default and save, exit and reboot and see if this helps.

2.) Download the latest Bios for laptop and reinstall it and see if this helps.

3.) Go into device manager and uninstall the  wifi adapter and then scan for new hardware and see if helps

4.) Go into device manager and right click on the wifi adapter click, select update driver, click browse my for drivers, select let me pick,,,

then, you'll see a bunch of drivers, select Microsoft driver and see if that fixes the problem, if it does not, go back thru the same process and select Intel drivers from the list and go thru each one and see if that fixes the problem

5.) If nothing works buy a new Intel AX201 card and install it, they are relatively inexpensive, like $20 or less.

Windows 11 does seem to be somewhat problematic with wifi, hopefully they will do the descent thing and repair  there wifi driver software in a patch, windows 10 was faster in getting the wifi to connect yet no wifi 6 support.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hanuz06  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Try a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver. If it doesn't work, try this step using your System Manufacturer's driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) when you are uninstalling the driver software since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully.    

Note #2: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the Wireless driver software or software packaging. 

If the issue persists after these steps, run this utility and attach the report: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hanuz06    

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps of the previous posts and how it went.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
hanuz06
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for your response. I decided to reinstall Windows. I did it 3  or 4 times. It still had that issue. The next day I went to the MSI service center again, and they replaced the Wi-Fi card. After more than 1 week so far so good. Probably the problem was a defective wifi card. Thank you again. Have a great week.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @hanuz06  

Thank you for your reply. I am happy to hear that they were able to help you and determine that the root cause was a hardware problem. 

This thread will no longer be monitored since the issue was solved, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice rest of the week too. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos