Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

INTEL WIFI AC9620 FIRMWARE LOAD FAILED-Failed to load firmware chunk!

meerasahibm
Beginner

I am trying to integrate intel wifi ac9620 with RISC-V based board which running with linux os 5.17x kernel version. Adding that, we have modified the driver as this board does not support 32-bit DMA mask and changed into 64-bit DMA mask in /drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/tran.c .With this changes, iwlwifi driver loaded successfully also able to detect intel wifi through lspci command. Firmware (iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-46. ucode) also stored in /lib/firmware/ directory. Unfortunately, not able to up the wifi .we are getting following error. Please suggest the workaround for this issue get resolved.Also attached the complete log.

[ 11.589617] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: Failed to load firmware chunk!
[ 11.595697] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: iwlwifi transaction failed, dumping registers

[ 11.994443] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110

[ 12.709517] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: Failed to run INIT ucode: -110

[ 17.989601] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: Failed to load firmware chunk!
[ 17.995619] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: Could not load the [0] uCode section
[ 18.002161] iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: Failed to start INIT ucode: -110

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @meerasahibm.   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Best regards,    

Jocelyn M.    

Intel Customer Support Technician.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @meerasahibm.   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Best regards,    

Jocelyn M.    

0 Kudos
meerasahibm
Beginner

Thanks for reply.  this intel Wi-Fi adapter is working with other RISC-V board with generic intel wifi driver which i am using in my board. I was thinking will there be any latest patches available from intel regarding firmware. Ultimately, I will check with manufacturer for compatibility and compliance.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @meerasahibm.   

As additional information, we don't support questions or requests regarding design/coding changes. You may consider contacting the Intel Resource and Documentation Center or working directly with your Intel representative (in case you have one). 

Best regards,    

Jocelyn M.    

0 Kudos