Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7487 Discussions

Bluetooth issue using AC8265

HKuja
Beginner

Hello, everybody!

Some weeks ago I replaced in two HP identical notebooks (mine and my wife's one) the wireless adapter 7260 with AC8265 to get 5GHz WiFi connection working. Everything went good, both notebooks work perfect in 5GHz band with amazing speed. Also Bluetooth worked fine. Some days ago I bought two Bluetooth mice and I have got the problem with my notebook. My wife's one work perfect, can find the mouse and connect. Mine can find the mouse, but refuses to connect, says "try again" and again, and the mouse disappears. Bluetooth connection seems to work only if the mouse lays near the place of AC8265. I tried my mouse with my wife's notebook, works fine. Also connection with my smartphone is only possible, if the smartphone is nearest to the module. I bought another AC8265 module, with no effect. I thing, if the antenna was damaged, there woud not be any WiFi connection? WiFi works fine, I get high connection speed in 5GHz band. Unfortunately, I have no data about antenna, so I cannot try to replace it. Got the newest driver from Intel's web site. Still the same. Can you help me? What could be the reason? Two identical notebooks, identical modules, identical mice. One works fine, one does not... HELP!!!

Hans-Georg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello ZedKay,

We understand you have recently upgraded the wireless adapter on two of your laptops, and are now experiencing Bluetooth® issues on one of them.

Please keep in mind that we only provide support for factory installed wireless adapters. If your computer manufacturer replaced, or authorized the replacement of your card, they will be the ones solely responsible for support thereafter.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Since this is an unsupported scenario we can't guarantee a solution. However, we can make the following suggestions in a best effort basis:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest Bluetooth® drivers, these are separate from your wireless drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005489.html Download Software for Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Technology

2. Test the adapter that is experiencing Bluetooth® issues on the system that is working OK. This will allow you to discard the adapter as the source of the issue.

3. Swap antennas. On the 8265, antenna 1 is shared between WiFi and Bluetooth®, antenna 2 is used only for WiFi. Plug antenna one on the antenna two connector and vice versa, if the issue is resolved or changed, the issue is most likely your laptop's antennas.

1. Wireless antennas are not provided by Intel®, these are installed and chosen by your computer manufacturer. Changing antennas can violate local regulations, it's best to purchase replacement antennas from your computer manufacturer to avoid issues.

2. M.2 Wireless Adapters use IPEX MHF4* antennas.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ZedKay,

We understand you have recently upgraded the wireless adapter on two of your laptops, and are now experiencing Bluetooth® issues on one of them.

Please keep in mind that we only provide support for factory installed wireless adapters. If your computer manufacturer replaced, or authorized the replacement of your card, they will be the ones solely responsible for support thereafter.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.html Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Since this is an unsupported scenario we can't guarantee a solution. However, we can make the following suggestions in a best effort basis:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest Bluetooth® drivers, these are separate from your wireless drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005489.html Download Software for Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Technology

2. Test the adapter that is experiencing Bluetooth® issues on the system that is working OK. This will allow you to discard the adapter as the source of the issue.

3. Swap antennas. On the 8265, antenna 1 is shared between WiFi and Bluetooth®, antenna 2 is used only for WiFi. Plug antenna one on the antenna two connector and vice versa, if the issue is resolved or changed, the issue is most likely your laptop's antennas.

1. Wireless antennas are not provided by Intel®, these are installed and chosen by your computer manufacturer. Changing antennas can violate local regulations, it's best to purchase replacement antennas from your computer manufacturer to avoid issues.

2. M.2 Wireless Adapters use IPEX MHF4* antennas.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
HKuja
Beginner

Many thanks, Carlos, for the quick answer. I could solve the problem! The most helpful information was, the antenna # 1 is for both Bluetooth and WiFi, # 2 for WiFi only. Unfortunately, the antenna # 2 was named Main and the # 1 Aux, so I connected the antenna to Main, which was the antenna # 2. Unfortunately, the connectors for the antennas were different placed in the old module, so I had one more reason to make a wrong connection. I just connected the antenna to # 1 (Aux) and everything works fine. I suppose, during replacement of the module in my wife's notebook I made a "mistake", which finally was shown as right. Thank you once again!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ZedKay,

We're very glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, specially without having to purchase new antennas, which can be tricky to install on laptops.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos