Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Bluetooth issues

PAlex11
Beginner

Im using an AC 9260 no vpro and im experiencing issues with bluetooth sustaining a connection. It either constantly connects and disconnects or stutters horribly. i use ethernet and bought the card for bluetooth. any idea what going on?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

PAlex11, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PAlex11, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
PAlex11
Beginner

yes i need assistance

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.18363 Build 18363)

Physical Memory (Installed): 64 GB

System Type: x64-based PC

Total Installed Updates: 34 Updates - See Detailed View for more information

Display Adapter(s): AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 26.20.15019.1003

System Manufacturer: ASRock

System Model: X570M Pro4

Network Adapter(s):

Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection 12.18.8.22

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz 21.70.0.6

I've had issues since buying this card early February

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

PAlex11, Thank you very much for providing that information.

I was looking at the specifications of the motherboard and I noticed that it actually does not include a Wireless card, I even looked for the drivers and there are no Wireless drivers available as you can confirm here:

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X570M%20Pro4/index.asp#Specification

To properly connect the antennas is very important, one of them supports Wireless tasks and the other one Bluetooth functionalities, and if they are not connected correctly;y it is expected to have similar problems as you described in this scenario.

So, how are you connecting the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 card?

According to the board specifications, you can use the M.2 slot to connect the Intel® Wireless card, but since there are no antennas on the board, how are you connecting the antennas, where did you get them from?

Another option will be to use a PCIe port, normally, the adapter came with the antennas for you to connect them, if this is the case, did you check directly with ASRock to confirm if the device is fully compatible with their board and to verify if the antennas are properly connected to it?

When purchasing an Intel® Wireless card separately to install it in your computer that is what we called "Integration". In the following link, you will find additional details about a Wireless card integration

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

PAlex11, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

In this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the antennas to verify and confirm if it is properly connected and if they are fully compatible with the with ASRock X570M Pro4 board.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
PAlex11
Beginner

thats a joke right? the antenna connector is on the wifi card not the board, the board will receive whatever signal the card gets. im done with intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PAlex11, Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Just to clarify the previous information. If I understood correctly, the problem only happens with the Bluetooth feature, the Wireless connection seems to be working without any problems, the source of this issue could be related to the transmission/reception of the Bluetooth signal and that is related, not to the connector in the board, but the antenna itself, that is why we are suggesting to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of it.

In the following link you will be able to confirm this information about this topic, hope it helps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
PAlex11
Beginner

again this is joke. reading the ORIGINAL POST, you would see that i use ethernet. where exactly did i say the wireless connection seems to be working fine? do you make this assumption up as you went along? you asked me to get in contact "to verify and confirm if it is properly connected and if they are fully compatible with the with ASRock X570M Pro4 board" as if the antenna needed to be compatible with the board and not your equipment. you have no idea what you are doing. If you had started with "maybe its a bad antenna" I would have at least respected you. please continue to make stuff up to tell customers so as to continue to damage the intel brand. have a nice day.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Stop it with the insults. If you want assistance, play nice.

Doc

0 Kudos
PAlex11
Beginner

edited so you wont be offended

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is not an issue of being offended. It is an issue of house rules and civil behaviour.

And, thank you for the edit.

Doc

0 Kudos
PAlex11
Beginner

I'm frustrated, and i don't think its not understandable given that I've been having this problem since before this thread was created. I'm frustrated by the lack of ownership that is shown on the problem. i was told to call the manufacturer of my mother board for compatibility of an antenna that attaches to an Intel WiFi card. that type of deflection is what i considered unacceptable, the response of "contact someone else". Assistance 101 is to take ownership of an issue and either solve it or point people in the direction to get it solved. that wasn't done, i was told to contact someone not involved in the issue. then to make claims that everything else was working when that was never mentioned shows a lack of interest in listening to what problems im actually having.

But You're right. And to Albert, im sorry for the disrespect. im frustrated by this issue which has been ongoing.

The manufacturer states the antennas should work with this card

I've used another antenna with an .81mm and the issue is persisting.

in the interest of exhausting all options is there an antenna that intel recommends that i use with their card?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PAlex11, Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, for Intel® it is very important the comments and suggestions provided by our customers.

Just to clarify some details, I said "If I understood correctly" waiting for you to confirm if that is correct or not, I did not assume anything, actually I was waiting for you to provide the response if that was the case or not so we can continue with further troubleshooting steps, especially since the title of the thread is "Bluetooth issues", did not know that you did not test the Wireless connection, that is always an option though even if you are using Ethernet as the primary method of Internet connection.

The reason why we suggest to contact the manufacturer of the antenna was for them to verify if the antenna is properly connected, that it is fully compatible with the board and for them to determine if, in fact, this is a hardware problem, meaning that the reason why this issue is happing could be because of a hardware issue with the antenna itself, that is something that from our side we cannot confirm and it is an alternative that we keep as the last resource or option for any type of scenario when you are dealing with computers, that is why we did not provide that possibility just yet.

There is no need to apologize, we as Intel® completely understand your frustration and we will continue providing technical assistance and keep this thread open for as long as you need it, trying to do our best to try to resolve this issue, keep in mind that unfortunately, that is not always the case.

"To take ownership of an issue and either solve it or point people in the direction to get it solved", that is exactly what we are trying to do here, for this type of scenario related to an "Integration" of a Wireless card there are a lot of regulatory details that come in to play, as you can confirm in the links provided previously, including compatibility of all the parts: board, Wireless card, M.2 adapter, antenna and drivers.

Do you have the option to test the Wireless connection just to verify if there are problems with it as well?

There is a new Intel® Wireless driver available, for Bluetooth:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29460/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=99445

And for Wireless, version 21.80.2:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29455/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99445

In reference to your question about the antenna, we do not have a recommendation or suggestion about that because Intel® does not manufacture antennas, we to have Intel® Wireless Kits where the M.2 Wireless card came with the antennas included so it is just a matter of connecting the PCIe adapter to the computer, like for example Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-8265-desktop-kit-brief.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results of testing the new driver.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PAlex11, I just wanted to check if you were able to test Intel® Wireless driver version 21.80.2 and if the Bluetooth problem persists after that?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PAlex11, I just wanted to check if you still need further assistance on this matter and if you were able to test Intel® Wireless driver version 21.80.2?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello PAlex11, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos