Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7499 Discussions

Bluetooth not working

kinyuasmKE
Beginner

my bluetooth icon is missing, cant find bluetooth in device manager even after re install of drivers. I have tried everything even clean install of OS. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Which bluetooth?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
kinyuasmKE
Beginner

my pc is dell xps13,windows 10 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
kinyuasmKE
Beginner

i have attached the intel support utility report

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
kinyuasmKE
Beginner

still nothing,no solution seems to work at this point.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello kinyuasmKE, 

Thank you for patiently waiting and for engaging with our fellow community members! I can see that you have an issue with the Bluetooth of your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. Since you have already tried updating your drivers and clean install of the Operating system, you may try following this steps instead: 

1. Run and install a Windows update. 
  2. Check for latest firmware and the latest windows version.
  3. Reset default settings of BIOS.
  4. Perform a Complete Powercycle
    1. Shut Down the whole system
    2. Unplug the power cable from PSU power supply
    3. Hold down power button for 60 seconds.
  5. Boot the system.

Let us know if this works. I will be waiting for your reply. You may also visit this article as a reference of this steps: Bluetooth* Adapter Not In Device Manager.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
kinyuasmKE
Beginner

still nothing, I think  I will just leave it since no solution seems to be working. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello kinyuasmKE, 

I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. Since the troubleshooting did not work for you, I highly recommend reaching out to your Original Equipment Manufacturer, which is Dell, as they can investigate and suggest a more in depth troubleshooting of your system. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos