Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7507 Discussions

Bought a new AX210, Bluetooth not working on Windows 11. For some reason works on linux?

Sanshu
Beginner

Just bought a new AX210 and bluetooth is not working at all. I have tried installing new drivers but nothing is working, for some odd reason it works perfectly fine on linux.

Bluetooth driver in Device manager: 

Sanshu_1-1690560090297.pngSanshu_2-1690560104406.png

0 Kudos
17 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Had you previously installed the Intel Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) and Intel Management Engine packages that were provided by your motherboard/system provider? If not, do that now.

Did you install both the Intel Wireless and Intel Bluetooth driver packages? If not, do that now.

As for the Mediatek adapter showing up, IDK - but this isn't anything to do with the AX210. You should right-click on the entry and delete the instance for the driver and device.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

I have tried all of that already, part of the reason I bought the card was that bluetooth wasn't working on the stock wireless card and assumed it was some sort of software issue with it but, neither that or the ax210 work on windows for me but work fine on linux.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

Yes, the wifi is working.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Sanshu 

1. Did you connected two antennas to the AX210 or 1 antenna only? In order to have AX210 working properly, both antennas need to be connected.

2. If you open the SSU report attached to your post and search for "bluetooth", you will see the following comment: "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded".  You may try to run Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter.

Leon

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

1. Yes both are connected, I have tried to switch them and the wifi was still working, I do see how this would be a problem however... Like I said Bluetooth works perfectly when I boot on linux.

2. I have tried to run Windows Troubleshooter.

Sanshu_0-1691353498544.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Answer the questions specifically.

Have you installed both the Chipset Device Software and Management Engine driver packages provided by your motherboard manufacturer? [Hint: seeing devices resolve in Device Manager is not good enough; you *must* install these packages!]

Did you install the Intel Bluetooth driver package? [Hint: Do not rely on the drivers installed by Windows. They don't work reliably with the Intel silicon and can cause issues with the Wireless part of the card.]

Have you uninstalled the driver for the MediaTek card?

Have you removed the MediaTek card from the system?

...S

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

I have installed both the Chipset Device Software and Management Engine driver packages provided by your motherboard manufacturer.
I have installed the Intel Bluetooth driver package.

I have uninstalled the driver for the MediaTek card.

I have removed the MediaTek card from the system.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Keep me informed of the behavior.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

I have tried both and it seems like the drivers just won't install.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Thank you for your answer, it has been very helpful.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps as soon I have further details I will let you know.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation, I want to let you know that an installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapters to be certified with the antenna that is intended to be used together in the system, while some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapter to be certified at the full system level.

Intel® Wireless Adapter installed in a system that is being sold on the market doesn't necessarily mean that same wireless adapter can be used or installed in any other systems for the above mentioned reason.

As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. You are required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements.

For further information Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

As I said, I bought the wireless adpator because the one that came with the laptop was doing the same thing: Wifi working fine, Bluetooth only working on Linux not on windows. I don't see why only the bluetooth doesn't work on windows on both.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Thank you for your response and clarification.

One of the reasons why you should contact the laptop manufacturer for support is because Intel is a supplier of laptop components and does not manufacture or sell complete laptop systems. Your system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide, so please contact Lenovo further assistance.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Sanshu
Beginner

I have tried multiple times to get in touch with anyone from Lenovo, at best I got to talk to their chat bot which told me to ask on their forums, I did ask on the forums nobody could help...

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanshu,

Thank you for your answer and for letting me know about it.

Try contacting them through Lenovo Support seems you can request a callback, or contact them in different ways.

Since there are not further questions, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos