Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Braktooth Vulnarability

hippyjm
Beginner

Good afternoon,

Do we know when the patch will be released for this vulnarability. i can see in the below that it states the below.

• TBA (To be announced): The chipset vendor has successfully produced a patch and have distributed it to OEM/ODM partners. This means that the chipset vendor has done its part and is up to the equipment/device manufacturer to deliver patches to the end-user via some security patch delivery mechanism.

https://asset-group.github.io/disclosures/braktooth/ 

hippyjm_0-1652185895191.png

I can see oon the intel website that there has been patches released but in the patch notes it only states Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® 22.130.0 driver has been updated to include functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version. - which isnt very helpful to see if the issue has been resolved or not.

Has anyone heard anything?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hippyjm, 

I could see that we have created an internal case where you have received the response for this inquiry, please kindly refer to that case for more updates on this behavior.  

Also, you can check the following link for further information:

In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hippyjm,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some inquiries about the Intel wireless adapter. 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your wireless adapter?

2. Have you noticed any issues with the latest Intel drivers?

3. Have you checked with the manufacturer of your laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop computer)?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hippyjm,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
hippyjm
Beginner

Appologies for the late response 

1. What is the brand and model name of your wireless adapter?

intel ax200/ax201

2. Have you noticed any issues with the latest Intel drivers?

no issues but according to https://asset-group.github.io/disclosures/braktooth/     section 5  - there is a vulnaribility in it that can be exploited. the document states that intel are working on a fix but not released to general public yet. there is a later driver but none mention the vulnarability 

3. Have you checked with the manufacturer of your laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop computer)?

I also have a ticket open with Hp to see if any resolution has been made. it is only hp laptops that have the intel driver

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hippyjm, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello hippyjm, 

I could see that we have created an internal case where you have received the response for this inquiry, please kindly refer to that case for more updates on this behavior.  

Also, you can check the following link for further information:

In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
hippyjm
Beginner

Awesome thats the confirmation link we were trying to locate. 

Anything higher than 22.100. thank you. we have spent a while looking for that answer

0 Kudos