I've recently run into a issues where my computer will not allow and wifi to my computer. I currently run my computer off of Ethernet and have been for the past three years since I have built it. Due to having guest at my house I need to have people stay in my office, therefore I needed to move my computer to my room where there is not ethernet. After powering on my PC I wasn't even given the option to connect via wifi. After further review I went into my "Device Manager" tab and saw that there was a error code. I will attach a photo to give a visual representation of what I see. I've also tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the PC and I still get the same error. I also have tried manually updating that driver as well and I still have the same issue.
Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.
This error code is present when the operating system detects some problems with the driver. Usually, it indicates that the driver is corrupted, as the error code states. I will suggest you try a clean installation of the latest Intel drive. Follow the steps given below:
• Download and save the driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-i...)
• Disconnect the unit to the internet.
• Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.
1. Go to Device Manager.
2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.
5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.
• Restart your computer.
• Install the driver downloaded before
Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded, then select the option to Run as administrator.
Intel Customer Support Technician
I hope you are doing fine.
I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.
Intel Customer Support Technician.