Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Can not to connect channel 11 - Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030

RSier
Beginner

Hi,

My PC is Fujitsu AH531/GFO, Windows 8.1 Pro N x64 with all updates.

Driver version: 15.4.1.1

Intel PRO Set version: 17.1.0

I set up my smartphone to Wi-Fi Router. All other PC's see this network (oby) - but my not.

I reinstalled drivers, repaired and other but problem still exist. 1 year ago I used this without problems.

InSSIDer see this network but no Intel or Windows software so I can not to connect this network.

I do not know what to solve it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_S_Intel
Employee

Your driver version looks to be very old. There have been many driver updates since the 15.4.1.1 driver was released. You might try to completely uninstall your Intel wireless software and drivers and do a fresh install of PROSet version 16.11.0, which has 15.11.0.7 drivers for the 1030 adapter. I believe the 16.11.0 version of Intel PROSet wireless software was the last release that have a driver update for your adapter.

Have you checked for the latest wireless downloads from the Fujitsu* support website for your laptop? What software and driver versions do they offer support for?

0 Kudos
RSier
Beginner

Cause of problem is that Windows 8 does not support WEP security.

Mayby is way to activate support for WEP?

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Would you mind opening up a service ticket with our contact center?

US

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I just wanted to add that, if you have an old router, a firmware update can sometimes include newer features, such as WPA/WPA2.

0 Kudos