Hello, I have a problem, I cannot reinstall the Wi-Fi 6 AX201 driver. I tried all possible ways to fix this problem indicated on this forum (deleting the device in the device manager, restarting the computer, etc.). Nothing helps. I used the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" utility for installation, but during installation I get an error message and a hyperlink to the log file. I am attaching a log file to my request. I hope for your help. Thanks.
Here is proper process for performing a clean WLAN Install:
- If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-a... and https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10.html.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
- From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
- Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
- Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
- From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Go to Step 5.
- (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
- (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
- Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always do Bluetooth first).
- Install the Wireless driver package.
- Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,