Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Centrino 6235 bluetooth does not detect audio sink service on Windows 7

NMgee
Beginner

When I pair my Intel NUC computer with Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless card to my bem Bluetooth mobile speaker no audio sink service appears in the speaker's service list and the speaker does not appear as a playback device. The speaker works fine with my iPad and it works with my HP Windows 7 laptop with a Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth device.

As best I can tell the ability to detect the audio sink service is the responsibility of the Intel Bluetooth driver which seems to be integrated into the ProSet wireless driver bundle. I have the latest version of this software installed (updated in Dec 2013).

I have tried the obvious solution: remove the device and re-install.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
NMgee
Beginner

Thanks. After I installed the PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth driver I was able to send audio to the Bluetooth speaker.

I have to say that there is nothing intuitive about finding this driver. I searched via both google and

the on-site search on the Intel site for a Centrino Bluetooth driver and found nothing. I also ran the Intel Driver Update Utility and it did not identify this driver as missing from my system. Since the Bluetooth and Wifi are on the same card it would be intuitive to have the Bluetooth drivers bundled with the basic PROSet/Wireless bundle.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for that, for manual download I suggest typing the model number (6235 should be enough) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx here, or narrow by selecting Wireless Networking, Intel® WiFi Products, and finally the model.

For Bluetooth* software we also have this other link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth� technology

I am glad it is working now.

0 Kudos