Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7427 Discussions

Centrino Ultimate N6300 AGN drops connections

JKing16
Beginner

Hi!

Today it worked for almost 5 hours.

Then the connection was dropped and Windows 8 reported "limited" connectivity.

I use the latest drivers.

Got Events 8000, 5002, 5005 and 5070 errors which are not explained as :

The description for Event ID 5002 from source NETwNe64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP59

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

If you have a whip please convene you developer team and harass them to solve this problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
88 Replies
RMahe3
Beginner

Joe, this new driver doesn't resolve the issue. connection to wifi/internet still breaking on 6300 but working on other laptops.

0 Kudos
NBrit1
Beginner

I just bought a Lenovo w530 with the upgraded Intel 6300 AGN adapter, and I've had this problem since I first booted it up. This ismy 3rd day working with my laptop, and every time I want to do anything online, I have to turn the wifi off then on, then wait for a minute to connect, and I have about a 5-10 minute window before I get "no network access".

The wifi signal itself is always strong, stable and never breaks. I have had this problem on multiple (2) networks that other computers have no problem with. It's definitely my laptop.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello sintax,

If I understand correctly your Intel® wireless adapter was installed as an aftermarket upgrade. In this case please note that these wireless adapters are designed to be installed only by the system manufacturer on certified systems.

We recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to determine which product is approved to be used in your computer since only they are entitled to provide the list of validated and certified adapters that are compatible with your system.

Wireless hardware installation and use is subject to regulatory approval, and the adapter purchased may not support your local regulations.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

In case the adapter was preinstalled by the system manufacturer and following previous guidelines (such as updating the wireless driver, router's firmware, or verifying settings) does not help you may still need to contact your system manufacturer for a possible hardware/integration issue.

0 Kudos
dnguy23
Beginner

Considering there are several topics in this form about the very same problem, what you just said is very much a bunch of generic replies that lead no where. If he attempts to contact OEM (like many of us did), they'd tell us to update driver, send in machine, swap in same part, return to us with the same issue. Until you guys recognize that this is very much driver issue, it's helpless.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I apologize; I may have misunderstood sintax's comment.

Intel has identified and is actively working to solve connection drop issues. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

0 Kudos
NBrit1
Beginner

Hello Joe,

Thank you for attempting to help, but there was a misunderstanding. This isn't a Lenovo forum, it's an Intel forum, so I shouldn't have used the word "upgrade" - the w530 from Lenovo comes standard with a 6205 AGN wifi adapter, and they let you "upgrade" to the 6300 for $20. It wasn't manually installed or messed with aftermarket. It is a brand new laptop and has had this problem out of the box.

I do have it working now, although it's not a "solution" per se. The routers that I have been having this problem with were a/g only routers. I had ordered a Buffalo dual channel air station router (WHR-HP-G300N) in order to take advantage of my new laptop's wifi speeds, and now that it has arrived the problem has disappeared.

I have had a stable internet connection in N-Only mode at 20MHz (130bps), and N-Only mode at 40MHz (300bps) for many hours at very high traffic. I haven't tested it too thoroughly in G-Only mode (54 Mbps), but it also appears to work fine so far. I was getting about 5-10 minutes of use before failure before, so I only bothered testing in G-Only mode for about 20 minutes; some people have claimed losing it after an hour or so.

If it's not a problem running in slower speeds, perhaps the 6300 AGN adapter doesn't play nice with old routers?

0 Kudos
tr3
Beginner

Well, unfortunatly I'm having the same Problem.

Just got a brand new Dell Laptop with the 6300card and the wireless Connection is constantly dropped. It's just frustrating. I also updated the Driver to latest Version.

Hope that this will be fixed soon

0 Kudos
RMahe3
Beginner

Somehow intel 6300 driver version 16.1.1 or lower not working but driver provided by windows working but with Microsoft driver one can not use WIDI with windows 8 default 6300 driver.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please try with the latest driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23065 here.

0 Kudos
RMahe3
Beginner

Joe I download this new driver but somehow the driver installed on windows 8 is 15.10.2.1. is it right version?

0 Kudos
JKing16
Beginner

I could install these.

It was impossible locate these on your website though. I've entered all combinations of Ultimate, 6300, AGN.

0 Kudos
MJürg
Beginner

Dear Joe,

I have the same issue with a Intel 6300 AGN in my Dell Latitude E5520, Windows 8.1 (up to date) and a FRITZ!Box 7312 access point. Sometimes, the connection drops ("limited connectivity"). Disabling and enabling the wifi adapter multiple times (one time is not enough) fixes the problem for the next few minutes. I am using the latest driver from the Intel website.

I also get the error "5002" from the source "NETwNe64".

I have now installed (as suggested before) an older driver from Dell, namely 15.9.0.5, and will see how it goes.

Please fix the issue in a following driver update.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

That is correct.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Jkingma, this is the URL for the version 16.1.3 (Windows* 8):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23065 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23065

RahulM, I am sorry for the result on your system; we want this issue solved as much as you do. I assume you have also contacted the system manufacturer for a possible hardware issue…

We will be paying attention to all results.

0 Kudos
RMahe3
Beginner

Joe...I don't think there is a problem with hardware as wifi working working perfectly fine with window 8 default drive of 6300 wifi. the problem is with intel driver only.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 16.1.5 has been released for Windows* 8.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23169 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23169

0 Kudos
AChan79
Beginner

Hi All

I suspect that this might shed some new light onto this discussion.

I am having the same problem on 3x Dell Latitude 6430u. I have observed the following on my personal laptop when the connection drops:

1. Intel PROSet Internet Access status changes from yes to limited connectivity

2. Intel PROSet Speed changes from 130Mbps to 450Mbps

I wish to try switching off the 450Mbps feature then testing but I cannot find a specific setting in Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 device properties. Can someone tell me how to do this and I will repost with my findings.

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

It can't be done on software settings. You have to remove the middle antenna plug on the WiFi adapter so that the maximum speed would be 300Mbps.

BTW, it's normal for speed to fluctuate due to Wireless interference with walls (particularly doors) and moving objects (people), but those things should not cause a drop in connection. If there are no moving objects between the adapter and router, the speed should stay close to 450Mbps.

0 Kudos
AChan79
Beginner

Appreciate the response theveterans.

I should have mentioned that my Wireless AP only supports speeds up to 300Mbps. If I am directly below my WAP, the connection speed is 130Mbps. Just to clear up any confusion, are no other WAPs detected in the area. I do not understand why or how Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 Wireless Adapter is the connecting at 450Mbps when my WAPs maximum speed is 300Mbps.

The Dell Latitude 6430u also has a internal Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 Wireless Adapter and I cannot therefore remove the middle antenna.

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

According to this article: http://www.tp-linkru.com/article/?faqid=468 How to improve my wireless speed or range? - Добро пожаловать в TP-LINK "Omni-directional antennas are resembled in our home products like wireless router or wireless ADSL2+ Modem Routers, they radiate horizontally all around, but are weaker upward or downward as the picture shows. "

Most of the routers produced today have omnidirectional directional antennas. The article clearly explains why your speed is only 130 Mbps when directly below the WAP.

As for the reported speed being higher than the WAP's WiFi speed, maybe drivers are buggy thus resulting to the 450Mbps glitch where it should only get 300Mbps regardless of the number of antennas inside the router and Ultimate-N 6300. Of course the number of antennas in the 6300 should be 2 or more (Main and Aux + the optional middle one for 3x3 stream configuration) or else you won't get 300Mbps speed and range.

0 Kudos