Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Changing AX200 settings in Device Manager destroys BCD

dfm0
Beginner
I have an AX200 in a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro and twice I changed it's settings in Device Manager then attempted to restart and it ruined the BCD and wouldn't boot. The first time I just cloned disk to get it back up. The second time I checked the BCD and it was nowhere to be found so I put a drive letter to the boot partition then was able to let Bootice repair it.
I booted to Hiren's PE to do the repairs.
Is it normal that the BCD would be destroyed by changing settings?
Is there a fix for it?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello dfm0,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), I will be glad to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

• Is this the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • When did the issue start to happen? Were you able to change the wireless settings in the past without any issues?
  • What are the wireless settings you are specifically modifying in Device Manager?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
dfm0
Beginner

The original pre-installed adapter was 802.11n.

I have had the AX200 for about a year and didn't change the settings until a few days ago.

I changed FatChannelIntolerant from disabled to enabled, RoamAggressiveness to lowest, RoamingPreferredBandType to 5GHz band, ThroughputBoosterEnabled to Enabled.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

Since you have installed the wireless adapter to your device, take a look at the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html)

As well, please update your wireless card driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html), BIOS and operating system to the latest version and then download the Intel® SSU (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
dfm0
Beginner

Attached is the SSU report.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I will work on this issue and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello dfm0,

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Since this issue is related to booting, and besides the wireless card was integrated in the system, our best recommendation is to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
dfm0
Beginner
0 Kudos