Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Codec audio support Bluetooth AX210

Sathamlet
Beginner
Sorry for my English.
I would like to know which Audio codecs are supported by the ax210 adapter.
Specifically I would like to know if it supports AAC, aptx, aptx HD and if it supports any other I would like to know

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Sathamlet,

I am not sure the audio codec is a byproduct of using a specific Bluetooth adapter. It appears this is more related to the operating system. With that in mind, I did some checking about codecs and Windows 10.

There are numerous articles (web pages) that claim Windows 10 supports Apt-X. There are so many oages it would be impossible to list them here. A simple search of Windows 10 bluetooth codec apt-x will yield a lot of pages to look at.

In the next feature release of Windows 10, version 21H1, WIndows 10 will include native AAC for Bluetooth. Here is a link to that article: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-is-bringing-the-aac-bluetooth-audio-codec-to-windows-10/

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @Sathamlet

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Windows 10* the codecs are managed by the OS natively, the codecs you mentioned are compatible with AX210. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos