Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Compatibility question

Simon942
Beginner

Hi Intel Community

Glad to be here

I am looking for an WIFI 6 or 6E upgrade for my Intel 9260 WIFI card.

My question is if my motherboard would be compatible with the WIFI 6E adapter (AX210)

After a look on the internet I can see it comes in two models?

AX210.NGWG.NV and AX210.NGW

AX210.NGWG.NV doesn't seem to fit. But the AX210.NGW has the same pin layout as the AX200 which I know fits.

I am a little confused because on the Intel product page I can't really seem to find the .NGW

Intel WiFi 6E AX210 Gig Product Specifications

But the .NGW version seems to be available on eBay. I don't know the real pictures of these network cards or if its are some they just puts on their website.

IntelWIFIQ.png

Picture taken from the internet of the one I am seeking (AX200.NGW)

IntelWIFIQ2.png

The one I see on the website I am buying from (Danish retailer)

(AX210.NGWG.NV)

I really hope you can answer my questions it would be great

Have a good day.

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, the model number from Intel is AX210NGW (i.e., no dot). You can verify this within the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 Product Brief.

The AX210NGW is exactly the card you want to replace the 9260NGW with if your goal is WiFi 6E and BT5.2.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As I explained in your other conversation, this is an example of a clone of the Intel device. If you don't see the full Intel Sticker, with the Intel name on it (without blurring), it isn't from Intel.

This is a clone (note no Intel): 

n_scott_pearson_0-1642889983441.png

This is a clone (reusing Intel's picture; note blurring on label):

n_scott_pearson_1-1642890071033.png

...S

0 Kudos
Simon942
Beginner

Hi Scott

Thank you for your reply and glad to also see you on this post

I see what you mean with the pictures but if we focus on the models is the AX210.NGW a true Intel product? Also do you know a Intel WIFI 6E Network card with Bluetooth 5.2 which is compatible with the same socket as the AC9260 NIC?

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, the model number from Intel is AX210NGW (i.e., no dot). You can verify this within the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 Product Brief.

The AX210NGW is exactly the card you want to replace the 9260NGW with if your goal is WiFi 6E and BT5.2.

...S

0 Kudos
Simon942
Beginner

Hi Scott

I see! Thank you very much

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos