Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Constant drops of WiFi connection with Ax200

MCiep
Beginner

Hello,

This very day I received brand new Razer Blade 17 Pro with Intel Ax200 WiFi 6 on board. And unfortunately I have persisting issue from the very beginning. I'm loosing connection to any wireless AP, both router and iPhone are connected maximum 1 minute, then I'm disconnected. Every second time all AP's in range simply disappear from the list (it becomes empty).

I tried everything including changing modes on wifi card to match exactly those of router (excluding 802.11ax), changed preferred bands, I reinstalled driver (once newest, once the one from Razer's website), I did factory reset on machine, nothing is changin, any ideas on why this could be happening?

If not, I'm forced to return this quite expensive piece.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Contact the manufacturer of your razer blade for assistance. This forum is for Intel NUCs.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MCiep, 

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration and environment:

• Do other devices show the same behavior?

• Some access points or wireless routers try to automatically select the best channel to use. Disable the AUTO setting and manually select a channel.

1. If using 2.4 GHz band, use only channels 1, 6, or 11.
  2. If using the 5 GHz band, use channels 36, 40, 44, or 48.
  3. Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Note: Change settings or parameters one at a time.

• We recommend using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers only, which are usually customized.

• Temporarily turn off firewalls/antivirus (if applicable).
  • If the issue persists, please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.
  3. By default, the Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  4. Click on the "Summary" tab to change the view to a "Detailed View".
  5. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MCiep
Beginner

Dear Wanner,

Thank you for your reply.

Prior to your message I followed instructions from Razer Support which were as follows:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

2. Update drivers. Links:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/152011

3. Scan for viruses. Open Windows Defender or your installed anti-virus and perform a full system scan.

4. Run the DISM tool

a. In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

b. At the command prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space between "dism.exe" and "/" and each switch (/)).

c. If DISM finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and see that improves performance.

After this WiFi got stable for an hour, after that started to drop again every few minutes, with first one occuring once Save Battery Mode kicked in. I plugged laptop but since then both my router and phone hotspot gets disconnected after up 1 minute, claiming after that that it can't connect to it. Another issue is that WiFi adapter simply shows zero networks at times, where second ago there was like 5 or so.

I also changed everything as per your instructions to no success. I even disabled entirely 2.4GHz band within my router to see if that helps to stay on 5GHz. I also installed newest driver as per Razers Support request.

Please find attached SSU report while no connection is there. I have also 2 more with connected phone and router (once it somehow connected), but due to attachment limit I cannot provide it in one message.

@EDIT: All other devices are constantly connected without any problems.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MCiep,

Thank you for the update.

We noticed that your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) recommends that you install generic drivers. Although you can use generic drivers for general purposes, Intel recommends using customized drivers (OEM), which are meant to improve the functionality and the performance of your computer and wireless connection.

• If the issue persists, we recommend following these steps:

1. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers (Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi).
  2. Intel Wireless-AX 200 Bluetooth Driver 21.10.0.6 (OEM)
  3. Intel Wireless-AX 200 WLAN Driver 21.10.0.5 (OEM)

Note: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

• If these drivers do not fix the connectivity issues, then try the generic versions available at our Download Center for testing purposes. Please follow the Clean Installation steps.

1. Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver version: 21.30.0
  2. Wi-Fi Driver version: 21.30.3

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MCiep
Beginner

Dear Wanner,

Thank you for your advices. However I already did run installations of all of those drivers, with no success. Anyhow, I already started process for replacement of whole unit, as in two days I've got a bit more issues beside connectivity. I think I just got unlucky with unit as a whole.

Thanks once more for your time!

Best regards,

MCiep

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MCiep,

Thank you for letting us know that you contacted your OEM for warranty options. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved as soon as you receive the new unit.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos