Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Delete/replace Intel PROSet wireless profile from command line or script?

DFast
Beginner

We have an Intel PROSet wireless profile deployed to all of our company's laptop users we need to update. The current profile is deployed by using a script to copy the .p10 profile to the C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\AutoImport folder for each user. The new profile will use the same profile name and same wireless SSID, but AutoImport does not work if the original profile is still in place. I can manually delete the original profile from within PROSet and then AutoImport works. Is there a way to delete the existing profile from within a script?

If not, can the Administer function of PROSet be used to create a new profile to replace a manually-created .p10 profile?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello davidf58,

There is no need to delete it. You can either override or archive it. Please check this documentantion online and let us know if it helped you:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006612.html?wapkw=wireless+proset Learn about Intel® PROSet Wireless Profile Migration Tool for Network...

0 Kudos
DFast
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

I am trying to use the PSMT tool but cannot get it to work.. I could not find it in the PROSet installation BIN folder, so downloaded from the Intel Download Center. I tried running with the Import option, but the PSMT log indicates it needs the PSMT_PROFILE_ARCHIVE.psa to import from, so I tried exporting the new profile. When running the tool to export the new profile (for later importing on other systems), the PSMT.log records "Proset version is unsupported: 17.1" and is unable to create an export. The reference laptop I am using is a Dell Latitude E5450 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter and Intel PROSet/Wireless Software 17.15.0 - the 7265 adapter is not listed on the PROSet Wireless Profile Migration Tool link as a supported adapter.

The only version of PSMT I could find in the Intel Download Center is v13.2.2010.0 - is there a newer version that I am not seeing?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Davidf58,

Based on the information you have provided, we would like to confirm if you are using the latest IT Admim Package. Here is the link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless

0 Kudos
DFast
Beginner

I was using the latest version of the Intel PROSet & driver pack provided by Dell for this model. I had already downloaded the latest IT Admin Package, but when installing the system bluescreens. I am in the process of wiping and reloading just the base OS and drivers to try again.

0 Kudos
DFast
Beginner

I have installed the Intel PROSet 18.32.0 for Win7 x64 from the IT Admins link, but still do not see PSMT tool in C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin, C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\WiFi\bin or any other location.

0 Kudos
DFast
Beginner

Bump - still looking for assistance - the IT Admin version of Intel PROSet does not seem to have the PSMT tool included. Please advise.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello davidf58,

We are checking on your request and will let you know as soon as we have more information.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

davidf58

In your particular case, we may engage a higher level of support. Please check your private messages.

0 Kudos
DFast
Beginner

This issue has been resolved. As it turns out, the profile that was provided by the network administrator was in fact corrupted. I manually created a new profile and exported it, and can auto-import (replacing the existing profile) without issue.

I appreciate the assistance that was offered, and apologies for the confusion.

0 Kudos