Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7654 Discussions

Dell G7 7588 Wireless Card Upgrade

Dimi007
Beginner

I would like to upgrade the wireless card in my Dell G7 7588, i7-8750H, Windows 11, 64 bit, 8th Gen. I currently have the AC9560 card. I would like to take advantage of Wi-Fi 6 that Xfinity has to offer, and I was told by Xfinity I needed to update my card. I have found some information on the Dell website. From what I could find, my laptop has a CNVio interface, and can use either a AX201, AX211, or a AX411. Any suggestions on which card??  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I hate to burst your bubble, but upgrading your wireless is going to be a hit-or-miss proposition.

First of all, the Wireless-AC 9560 modules utilizes the CNVio interface, not the CNVio2 interface that is required by the AX201, AX211 or AX411. Secondly, even if the chipset could communicate with the module, the chipset in your laptop will not have the support for WiFi6 or WiFi6e that is necessary to support the AX201 or AX211/AX411 modules.

You could possibly try using a non-CNVio module, like the AX200 or AX210, but I have seen cases where even this did not work.

Sorry I didn't have better news,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I hate to burst your bubble, but upgrading your wireless is going to be a hit-or-miss proposition.

First of all, the Wireless-AC 9560 modules utilizes the CNVio interface, not the CNVio2 interface that is required by the AX201, AX211 or AX411. Secondly, even if the chipset could communicate with the module, the chipset in your laptop will not have the support for WiFi6 or WiFi6e that is necessary to support the AX201 or AX211/AX411 modules.

You could possibly try using a non-CNVio module, like the AX200 or AX210, but I have seen cases where even this did not work.

Sorry I didn't have better news,

...S

0 Kudos