Intel Support Community,
I have a Dell Laptop that is equipped with the M.2 form factor Intel AC 3165. I have been having latency issues and low download speed (75 - 255ms, 0.78 - 3.45 Mbps), upload is fine. I have a desktop with a Linksys brand USB wireless adapter and a latency of around 60ms, and a download speed of around 45 Mbps on 2G. Wireless network speed is 65 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
I have completed these troubleshooting steps:
1. Ran a Symantec Norton full system scan, no malware or viruses
2. Deleted browsing history and cookies
3. Restarted computer
4. Checked wireless network using multiple devices (desktop computer, Android mobile phones); 45-65 Mbps download and ~ 55ms latency (expected, 2G and 5G)
5. Switched from 2G to 5G
6. Updated drivers to 18.104.22.168, then restarted the computer
7. Reset the adapter in Device Manager (disable, then enable)
8. Used different internet browsers
9. Checked for background tasks or applications using bandwidth
10. Checked general properties, "This device is working properly."
Power surge hit my house a couple of days prior to the network issues; no surge protector, and the laptop was plugged into wall power.
Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can try to determine the cause, or if I need to order a new adapter?
We understand your adapter's performance has recently dropped and you're looking for additional troubleshooting to determine if it's a hardware issue.
We would like to take a look at the following information before suggesting any more troubleshooting: