Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

Do we support BT mesh using wireless AC 9560 chipset?

Wanderzhd
New Contributor I
Hi, We are using Intel Celeron 4205U + Intel 9560 2×2ac+BT HW running Ubuntu 18.04 system. From the 9560 spec, it can support BT5.1, here we'd like to check if there is driver update to support BT mesh on Ubuntu. BRs. Dong
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Wanderzhd,

I would like to share with you the information that I was able to confirm.:

1) The Intel Wireless-AC 9560 should support Bluetooth mesh using standard LE commands.

2) Regarding to your question about How to switch among the three BT modes: Classic BT, BLE, and BLE mesh using firmware only?

I need to inform you that the Bluetooth controller is dual mode device which means we have both Classic and BLE. There is no option to switch, based on Host the controller executes the commands.

I hope this helps to answer your concern.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Wanderzhd
New Contributor I

Hi Esteban D.

Any update?

And one more question about BLE, if we connect this gateway with our BLE sensor, can we get the RSSI of the sensor?

BRs.

Dong

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Wanderzhd,

I would like to share with you the information that I was able to confirm.:

1) The Intel Wireless-AC 9560 should support Bluetooth mesh using standard LE commands.

2) Regarding to your question about How to switch among the three BT modes: Classic BT, BLE, and BLE mesh using firmware only?

I need to inform you that the Bluetooth controller is dual mode device which means we have both Classic and BLE. There is no option to switch, based on Host the controller executes the commands.

I hope this helps to answer your concern.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Wanderzhd,

We are glad to know that the information provided was helpful.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos