Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Does AX210 support LE Audio & the LC3 Audio Codec

cesium032
Beginner

As the title states, does the AX210 chipset support LE Audio & LC3? These appear to optional subsets of the BT 5.2 standard, however I'm not experienced enough with wireless standards to know if the chipset can be a limiting factor on this. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello cesium032,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
cesium032
Beginner

I don't have this wireless card yet, I'm considering buying one. This would be to replace the wireless card on my existing desktop.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello cesium032, 

I would like to let you know that the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) support LE (Low Energy Audio) Audio & the LC3 Audio Codec as you can see in the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/wireless/wi-fi-6e-ax210-module-brief.html

Also, bear in mind that install a new wireless card and not the one that came preinstalled on your device is known as an integration. Integration may not work properly if the motherboard and BIOS are not compatible with the wireless card, I recommend you to check with your motherboard manufacturer for instructions and drives.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
rt_AX210
Beginner

Bluetooth LE Audio was only recently enabled in Windows 11:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/may-24-2023-kb5026446-os-build-22621-1778-preview-3c547100-7a73-4ae6-bb7d-ebd02e87dc04

I have the AX210 card with the latest bluetooth drivers and bluetooth earbuds which are supposed to be LE audio compatible, but I do not know how to enable LE audio on my machine.

I hope that this is simply an Intel driver issue and they will soon release new drivers to enable LE audio for this card.

0 Kudos
AndrewMcN
Beginner

Microsoft finally published details today for driver vendors at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bluetooth/bluetooth-low-energy-audio 

This appears to imply that it would be up to Intel to supply the LC3 codec in its driver package. None of the scenarios appear to show that Microsoft will be responsible for its supply. It either has to be in with the driver or in controller or DSP firmware.

Can we find out if the team responsible for the Bluetooth driver releases is aware of this and intending to add LC3 in a future release?

On Linux platforms with certain prerequisites, the latest Pipewire audio subsystem can be compiled with the LC3 codec enabled and it should work on the Intel AX210. Unfortunately, you need a lot of Linux skills to get to that stage. Fedora 38 has most of the prerequisites but the included version of Pipewire was not compiled with LC3 enabled. It needs to be replaced with a version that has Pipewire enabled and I've not come across one or built one myself yet. Perhaps someone else will.

0 Kudos