Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Does My Wifi Technology work in Windows 10 ?

DCarl1
Beginner

Greetings, I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 64 bit and am wondering if "My Wifi Technology" now works in Windows 10 ? I have seen that in 2015, it didn't work, but perhaps Intel has improved the product since then... thanks for any help and advice.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

DamCar,

There is no support for this Intel® product as most of its functionalities are embedded in Windows® 10.

Please let us know if you have any other question regarding any other Intel® product for wireless solutions.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

DamCar,

We haven't heard from you yet. We would like to know if the information we have provided above helped you clarify your doubts.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you still need our assistance.

0 Kudos
DCarl1
Beginner

Hi aleki_intel, I am still trying to find a solution to my problem. I have an Epson printer which (under Windows 7) I was able to connect directly to my computer by using Intel "My Wifi Technology" (our internet connection is WITHOUT a wifi connection, so it cannot go via the internet box). I now have a Windows 10 computer and you say that "most of its functionalities are embedded in Windows® 10" - but i still have to find HOW to connect my printer, using Wifi, directly to my computer... If you have any advice, it would be appreciated. I am still trying to load my programs and get my head around Windows 10...

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

DamCar

Since Intel® My WiFi Technology interface is not present on Windows®10, the OS will manager the connectivity with your computer. With that being said, we strongly recommend to contact EPSON* for additional assistance. Another important thing to check is if the new OS version is fully compatible with your system as this can impact directly on certain accessories that once worked before in a previosu version of the OS and now it does not work on the latest version and for this, your computer manufacturer would be the best option to provide also additional help regarding their type of system: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

On our best effort to help you, here are some steps that may help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Open the Printers control panel

The first step in troubleshooting a printer problem is to use Windows®10 own troubleshooting tools. Search for printers in the Windows®10 Search box and select Devices and Printers from the list of results. This will open the Devices and Printers Control Panel pane as shown in the picture below.

Step 2: Troubleshoot a connected printer.

Look in the window as described in the picture below for your printer — it might be listed under Printers or Unspecified, If it's there, right-click it and choose Troubleshoot from the menu that appears. Follow the on-screen instructions for troubleshooting the printer, but be prepared for this to not work — it won't always and Microsoft* needs to be engaged if you have any additonal questions or doubts about this procedure.

Step 3: Check if your printer is installed

If after troubleshooting you still notice the problem, or if Windows® 10 hasn't detected your printer, the next step is to check whether or not it's been installed. Click Start and go to Settings - Devices - Printers & scanners. If you don't see your printer listed in the main window, click the Add a printer or scanner option and wait while Windows* tries to detect your printer — make sure the printer is ready to be detected accordinf to the type of connection you want to establish.

Step 4: Tell Windows 10 to search for an older printer.

If your printer is detected, just follow any on-screen instructions to install it — Windows* will download and install any necessary drivers automatically.

This is as far as we can go regarding your printer wireless connection and from this point on, we recommend to engage either http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportWindows10.jsp EPSON* or Microsoft* as the features of Intel® My WiFi Technology is embedded in Windows®10.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DamCar,

We haven't heard from you since our last reply to you with some additional steps that might have helped you to resolve the issue. Could you please let us know if you still need any assistance from us?
0 Kudos
DCarl1
Beginner

Hi Alexi_intel, thanks for your suggestions. I have configured my printer (at last!) and am now trying to get my D-link network camera to work on my computer. I don't think it is an intel wifi problem and I have opened a support case with D-link. So i think we can close this case - thanks again for your help!

best regards, DamCar.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

DamCar,

Thank you very much for letting us know that your printer has been configured. Should you have any further questions or doubts about any of our wireless products, please do not hesitate to contacts us. We are now closing the case at your request.
0 Kudos