Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

Drivers not working with Alder Lake-P PCH CNVi WiFi

Marcus2121
Beginner

On the 04.06.2024 I used my lenovo yoga slim 7 pro running ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS for the first time since 02.06.2024. Kernel version is 6.5.0-35-generic. Everything worked as it was supposed to on the 2th, but on the 4th there was a issue with the network controller: "No WiFi adapter is found" in the wifi settings. So it would seem that a automatic update has broken the network drivers.

Here is some info about the network controller:

Running 

sudo lshw -C network

gives:

Network controller
product: Alder Lake-P PCH CNVi WiFi
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 14.3
bus info: pci@0000:00:14.3
version: 01
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=iwlwifi latency=0
resources: iomemory:600-5ff irq:16 memory:601d1cc000-601d1cffff

and running 

lspci -knn | grep Net -A3

gives:

00:14.3 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Alder Lake-P PCH CNVi WiFi [8086:51f0] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0094]
Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
Kernel modules: iwlwifi

What I have tried:

1. Updated the network driver to its latest version both through snap store and using 

sudo apt install backport-iwlwifi-dkms

from this post 

2. Added the line: "options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 swcrypto=1" to `/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf` from this post 

None of the above worked.

Any help on solving the driver issue would be appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllStars
Novice

hello there marcus,

The network controller appears to be an Intel Alder Lake-P PCH CNVi WiFi.

You already tried updating the network driver to its latest version through different methods, including the snap store and using terminal commands, but unfortunately... none of these solutions have worked so far. Let me add some troubleshooting tips to fix that:

1. Check for any recent system updates or kernel upgrades and see if rolling back to a previous version helps resolve the issue.
  2. Look for any firmware updates specifically for your network controller and apply them if available.
  3. Consider reaching out to the Ubuntu community forums, as they may have encountered similar issues and could provide additional insights or solutions.
  4. If all else fails, you might need to consider reinstalling the operating system and driver troubleshooting.

Thank you

Williams

0 Kudos