Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Extremely slow internet

Blur11602
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Recently the internet on my computer has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps (above what it's supposed to be). It doesn't happen on other devices (I tested on my laptop as well as my phone), they just instantly jump to 200 Mbps and stay there.

I've tried updating the drivers as well as rolling them back.

EDIT: It seems to only be happening in browsers, I downloaded the speedtest app and it went straight to 200 Mbps as well (which is correct). Tried in Chrome and Edge, both yielded same sluggish results. Because of that I'm not sure if it's relevant here but I don't know how to delete them, and would still like help with it if anyone has suggestions.

I have:

Intel Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Blur11602
Beginner

Won't let me edit it but the solution was to uninstall Avira Antivirus, it was somehow messing with only browser internet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like you have a virus or PUP that is causing your browsers to have a problem.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Blur11602
Beginner

Won't let me edit it but the solution was to uninstall Avira Antivirus, it was somehow messing with only browser internet.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, I consider Avira an unwanted program.

Glad that you found the solution.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos