Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7662 Discussions

Frequent Wi-fi disconnection EAP authentication

sujay1
Beginner

Hello Team,

I hope you guys are doing well, we're facing the Wi-Fi issues from the past 1 year. We have variety of Wifi 6ax OEM laptops, in all laptops the common point is intel wifi 6ax adapter. Client will disconnect and connect, or disconnect and it will show no-internet. again he has to connect manually, it will resolve for some users if we set the adapter settings to roaming aggressivness to high and adapter to AC. We're using Wi-Fi 6 access point wave 2. But we're not seeing issue in Mac-laptops and AC laptop. another addon the when we keep user in the 22.100 version they are not facing any issue

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with your Intel® Wireless Adapter, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
sujay1
Beginner

Hello @Andres_Intel ,

Please find the below response:

• When did the issue start?-From past one year
  • Have you done a hardware or software change?-No We're just upgrading windows software release
  • Does the issue happen with different networks?-Yes the issue is happening with different networks.
  • I see that you mentioned that it happens to a variety of Wifi 6ax OEM laptops, do they have the same Wireless adapter and model?-Yes all the laptops facing issue is Intel(R) Wi-Fi6 AX201 160Mz and 
  • Please find the attached scanned report.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
sujay1
Beginner

Hello @Andres_Intel ,

It's not happening for the one laptop, we have 1000 clients who facing the issue.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

Thank you for your answer and clarification.

I am sorry to hear that this happening to many laptops. I will start with a investigation of this issue, and I will provide with further information as soon as possible.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

We have been working on the investigation, I sent you a private message requesting some information to continue with it.

Regards,  

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

Thank you for the attachment you shared privately.

Please provide the following information to continue with the investigation:

• OS- WLAN Auto-Config log, the .evtx file, save all events log without filter.
  • OS- Wireless ETW log, the .cab file. The ETW .cab log automatically collects the WLAN Auto-Config log
  • WLAN controller log. You need to consult your controller vendor (Ruckus) on how to get this.

Regards,  

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello sujay1,

I just want to provide you with a last recommendation before closing the thread, EAP authentication is managed by the Operating System, not by our drivers. We recommend you to check with the manufacturer and also check with the Wireless Controller manufacturer respectively as this might be related to firmware issues.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos