Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7654 Discussions

Help Needed: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 Driver Reinstallation

thinkpadover
Beginner

Hello Intel Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing an issue with my Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 network card. Due to a recent problem, I had to uninstall the driver, and now I am having trouble finding the appropriate driver for reinstallation.

I have visited the Intel support page and searched for the driver, but unfortunately, I couldn't locate the correct one for my model. My network card is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000. My operating system is WIN 10.

Could someone kindly provide guidance on where I can find the correct driver for my network card or direct me to the appropriate support page? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to the Supported Operating Systems for Intel Wireless Products page, support for the Wireless-N 1000 card is provided inbox with Windows 10. That is, (a) the adapter is so old that Intel declined to provide a Windows 10 driver for it and (b) Microsoft chose to provide a compatibility driver - that is, a forward-port of the Windows 8.1 driver - so that there would be support for this adapter at Windows 10 installation time. Now, these compatibility drivers are provided as is, which means (a) there may be unforeseen performance or stability problems with this driver and (b) if so, Microsoft isn't going to do anything about it.

Bottom line, you have the driver in the Windows 10 installation file set and you should be able to reload this driver using Windows Update or Device Manager.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos