Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Help with Intel drivers (Intel 8260 and Intel ax200)

Eternity87
Novice

Hello,

I am facing an issue ever since updating to Windows 20H2. Initially I thought that my Intel 8260 WiFi device was going bad since my Broadcom WiFi adaptor works without any issues. I ended up buying Intel AX200 and still facing the same issues even after formatting my computer. Unfortunately I only have Windows 10 20H2 ISO and not the older 2004 or 1909 build.

Issue:

Randomly my WiFi would drop completely and eventually disconnect. If it does not disconnect then the WiFi sign stays on but there is no Internet at all while my other devices at home are connected and streaming. This happens to both my old 8260 and the recently purchased AX200. Work around is to disconnect and reconnect manually for Internet to come back up instantly. I nearly failed my online Microsoft Azure exam because of this. Please tell us what the issue is? Is it Windows build 20H2 or Intel drivers?

Please let me know if there is a fix. Thank you.

Jamal.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Eternity87
Novice

When I have this issue during online games ... I have to quickly disconnect and reconnect manually to get back Internet instantly.

0 Kudos
Eternity87
Novice

I forgot to mention that both 8260 and AX200 chips are on separate PCIe adaptors and the motherboard I am using is Z170 A-PRO . Never had issues with the spare Broadcom WiFi chip on PCIe adaptor. Tried different PCIe slots as well and same issue with Intel WiFi chips since the latest feature update.

0 Kudos
Eternity87
Novice

I have attached SSU report as well. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Eternity87, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides the Windows* update?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Did you check with MSI directly to make sure the Intel® Wireless card is fully compatible with their system?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Eternity87
Novice

What is the model of the Router?

Virgin Media Hub

Is this a new computer?

Existing

Did you build it?

Yes, Intel 8260 WiFi was working fine ever since I build it since 2016

Was it working fine before?

Yes, since 2016

When did the issue start?

After I updated to Windows 10 build 20H2

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides the Windows* update?

No

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Home

Did you check with MSI directly to make sure the Intel® Wireless card is fully compatible with their system?

Yes both Intel 8260 and AX200 are on PCIe x1 slot

As I mentioned earlier that I have a spare Broadcom WiFi PCIe adaptor and it works fine without any issues. Both my old 8260 and newly purchased AX200 are having issues. I cannot recall having issues with Windows 10 build 2004.

Yesterday I re-installed Windows 10 20H2 without Hyper-v and still faced disconnection on my AX200. this looks like a driver / Windows 10 20H2 issue since the Broadcom WiFi works solid and never disconnects.

I have attached the most recent SSU report after I installed Windows 10 20H2 yesterday.

I am connected to 2.4GHZ at the moment and will check and see if the issue occurs. Please look into this issue. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jamal.

0 Kudos
Eternity87
Novice

I have uploaded the Wireshark capture as soon as I loose the Internet. It automatically tries to connect later after good couple of seconds.

192.168.0.47 is my computer's IP address, 192.168.0.1 is the gateway address and I am using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as DNS. Same issues occur if I use my ISP's default DNS server.

Please see if you can find anything interesting.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Eternity87
Novice

UPDATE: After restarting my Virgin Media Hub router things have started to look much better and I only had 1 disconnection so far in the entire day. I am on Windows 10 2004 build now, re-installed it this morning. Will update this post once I have more news.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Eternity87, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Perfect, no problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Eternity87
Novice

I think it's safe to say that this case can be closed. Had no disconnections ever since restarting my Virgin Media hub router.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Eternity87, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by restarting the Virgin Media hub router and now the Wireless connection is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos